• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

BrOp's Age of Worms Adventure Path (OOC)

Knight Otu

First Post
What I have so far. I guess there'll be changes to improve the character.

Meldain, Chaotic Neutral Human
Medium Humanoid (Human), Rogue 1

Height: 6'2''
Weight: 152 lb

Speed: 35 ft.
HD: 1d6+1 (Rogue)
HP: 7 hp

Str: 11 [3] (+0)
Dex: 17 [13] (+3)
Con: 12 [4] (+1)
Int: 15 [8] (+2)
Wis: 8 [0] (-1)
Cha: 12 [4] (+1)

Base Attack: +0 (+0 Rogue)
Grapple: +0 (+0 BAB, +0 Str)

AC: 14/15 (+3 Dex, +1 armor/+1 dodge)
Initiative: +3 (+3 Dex)
Fort +1 [+0 Rogue, +1 Con]
Ref +5 [+2 Rogue, +3 Dex]
Will -1 [+0 Rogue, -1 Wis]
Action Points: 5
Patron Deity: Would be Olladra, if he cared enough to learn more about the gods.

Attacks
Club +0 melee; 1d6 bludgeoning; x2
Club +3 ranged; 1d6 bludgeoning; x2
Dagger +0 melee; 1d4 piercing or slashing; 19-20/x2; Range Increment 10 ft.
Dagger +3 ranged; 1d4 piercing or slashing; 19-20/x2; Range Increment 10 ft.

Skills: 44 [Rogue]

Balance +5 [2 Rogue, +3 Dex]
Bluff +5 [4 Rogue, +1 Cha]
Climb +4 [4 Rogue, +0 Str]
Disguise +2 [1 Rogue, +1 Cha]
Escape Artist +4 [1 Rogue, +3 Dex]
Gather Information +2 [1 Rogue, +1 Cha]
Hide +7 [4 Rogue, +3 Dex]
Jump +4 [4 Rogue, +0 Str]
Knowledge (local) +4 [2 Rogue, +2 Int]
Listen +1 [2 Rogue, -1 Wis]
Move Silently +7 [4 Rogue, +3 Dex]
Open Lock +5 [2 Rogue, +3 Dex]
Search +6 [4 Rogue, +2 Int]
Sense Motive +1 [2 Rogue, -1 Wis]
Sleight of Hand +5 [2 Rogue, +3 Dex]
Spot +1 [2 Rogue, -1 Wis]
Swim +1 [1 Rogue, +0 Str]
Tumble +5 [1 Rogue, +3 Dex]
Use Rope +5 [1 Rogue, +3 Dex]

Feats: Dash, Dodge

Special Abilities: Sneak Attack +1d6, Trapfinding

Equipment: Backpack (2 gp, 2 lb), bedroll (1 sp, 5 lb), 6 daggers (12 gp, 6 lb.), club (0 gp, 3 lb), padded armor (5 gp, 10 lb.), peasant's outfit (-, -), waterskin (1 gp, 4 lb), trail rations x2 (1 gp, 2 lb), common lamp (1 sp, 1 lb), 1 pint of oil (1 sp, 1 lb),
Load: 34 lb.
Carrying Capacity: 38/76/115 lb.
178 gp 8 sp in coins.

Languages known: Common, Dwarven, Elven

Description: A tall and thin young man, Meldain, has long black hair and blue eyes. While he usually wears the common local clothing, he also obtained a padded armor he sometimes wears when he anticipates more trouble than usual. His eyes twinkle with hunger for action.

Background: Meldain has a reputation as a local troublemaker – a reputation that is well deserved. He is overconfident, and likes to play tricks on people, sometimes showing up where he shouldn't. As a result, Meldain has learned to rely on his speed and swiftness when he is being chased once again.
He considers himself a charming guy, and believes he could win anyone over after playing a trick on them. He is also quite certain the girls in town love him, despite plenty of evidence against it.
Meldain, being the only child in his family, and losing his father to the Last War at a young age, formed closer bonds to his friends than to his mother, especially to the changeling Pak and the dwarf Mulch.
As his thrillseeking has sometimes led him outside of Diamond Lake, Meldain has learned the value of being armed, but he sees no value in getting any of the more martial weapons, such as crossbows, and keeps to daggers and a club.

D20Dazza

Explorer
I was planning on some Knowledge (local or Breland) that I pick up from my subscription to the Sharn Inquisitive, at least that was the reason for the subscription. Maye it should be a diffeent rag with more of a focus on the whole of Breland rather than just Sharn??

Cheers

Daz

Captain Tagon

First Post
Code:
Kellian, Neutral Good Shifter
Medium Humanoid (Shapechanger), Barbarian1

Height: 5'9”
Weight:  194lb

Speed: 40ft.
HD: 1d12+2 (Rogue)
HP: 14 hp

Str: 14 [6] (+2)
Dex: 16 [6] (+3) 
Con: 14 [6] (+2) 
Int: 12 [6] (+1)
Wis: 12 [4] (+1)
Cha: 10 [4] (+0)

Base Attack: +1
Grapple: +3 (+1 BAB, +2 Str)

AC: 16  (+3 Dex, +3 armor –1 Armor Check Penalty)
Initiative: +3 (+3 Dex)
Fort +4 [+2 Barbarian, +2 Con]
Ref +3 [+0 Barbarian, +3 Dex]
Will +1 [+0 Barbarian, +1 Wis]
Action Points: 5
Patron Deity: Sovereign Host (Balinor) 

Attacks
Great Axe +3 1d12+3 x3 Slashing
Warhammer +3 1d8+2 x3 Bludgeoning 
Shortbow +4 1d6 x3 60 ft range

Skills: 20 [Barbarian]

Balance  +5 (+3 Dex +2 Racial Bonus)
Climb  +6 (2 Ranks +2 Str +2 Racial Bonus)
Intimidate +4 (4 Ranks +0 Cha)
Jump +6 (2 Ranks +2 Str +2 Racial Bonus)
Knowledge (local) +2 (1 Rank that cost two points, +1 Int)
Listen  +3 (2 Ranks +1 Wis)
Read/Write Languages (2 points to be literate)
Survival +5 (4 Ranks +1 Wis)
Swim +4 (2 Ranks +2 Str)

Feats: Healing Factor, Simple and Martial Weapons Proficiency, Light and Medium Armor Proficiency, Shields Proficiency (except tower shields)

Special Abilities: Shifting (Wildhunt), Low-Light Vision, +2 to Balance, Climb, and Jump checks, Fast Movement, Rage 1/day

Equipment: Greataxe (12 lb), Short Bow (2 lb), 20 Arrows (3 lb), Warhammer (5 lb), Studded Leather Armor (20 lb), Backpack (2 lb) Bedroll (5 lb), Flint and Steel, 4 Day’s Rations (2 lb), 50 ft silk rope (5 lb), Waterskin (4 lb), Soap (2 lb)
Load: 62 lb. (Bedroll, Flint and Steel, Rations, Rope, and Soap all in backpack for easy dropping)

Carrying Capacity: 58/116/175 lb.
 54gp 9 sp

Languages known: Common, Sylvan (Spent two points to gain literacy)

Description: Short and powerfully built Kellion has the look out of someone’s dreams. Or nightmares. While he is somewhat handsome, even by human standards, his bestial and fierce nature exudes enough that people tend to star clear. Unlike most Shifters however, Kellion does make some effort to keep himself clean and well groomed. He has flashing green eyes and deep reddish fur covering most of his body.

Background: Kellion, Kell to friends, is the older child of one of the few Shifter families living in Diamond Lake. He was fairly close with the other members of his generation in the town especially Pak and Zan. Kellion was smart enough to at least somewhat follow the conversations the two and he had about magic even if his intelligence in no way matched his Changeling friends’. Still, Kellion was the one who was strong enough to stand up to anyone who felt like picking on the two siblings. When Zan went away Kellion was sad but instead focused on his combat skills, traveling around with his father and some family friends to do some hunting. They had a few brief run-ins with goblinoids but Kellion is still relatively inexperienced in combat. He returned to Diamond Lake shortly before his friend did. Back home for this short time Kell been seeking odd jobs, offering himself as a guide/bodyguard to anyone in the area that needs to travel.

Planned Growth:
[sblock]Split between Barb/Ranger for a while. Not sure the exact split yet but probably leaning towards Ranger. Eventually grabbing the Weretouched Master PrC with the Bear alternate form[/sblock]

Last edited:

Erekose13

Explorer
Looks like atleast 9 rough character ideas. I am not too clear on which way I want to go, so I think I will bow out now before Branding Opportunity is forced to leave one of these great characters out. Everyone enjoy the game!

Bront

The man with the probe
So we have 2 Rogues (one leaning towards Egoist as a second class), a Warlock, a Wizard, an Artifacer (Stats Pending), A Ranger (Archer), A Cleric, and A Barb. We're sort of lacking a tank (thought the Cleric should be good, it's a dwarf). If you're willing to take 9, the Psi Warrior would give us another frontliner.

BTW, technicaly the favored weapon of the Sovern Host or Dol Dorn is the longsword, but I know I've been in other games were that's been a bit more flexable depending on the culture. You can probably get away with the Dwarven War Axe since it's a cultural weapon.

Candide

First Post
Knight Otu, yes I think it would be great if Meldain and Pak got into a great many mischevious happenings. But we both know the girls in town love Pak. Or who Pak is at the time. :p

It also seems we have quite the interesting group too.

Bront

The man with the probe
FYI Candide, Str penalties carry over to damage with bows. You might want to either up your strength by 2 or use a light crossbow.

Candide

First Post
FAH! A pox on bows! Changed damage to 1d6-1. Crossbows are heavier, and more costly. I'm close to Medium load, and I can't have that happening. And Pak would try to cut corners as a lot. He likes having a fair amount of coin on him. He lives by the proverb "Why sleep on the ground when their is an inn near by? Why eat rations when their is a restaurant near".

EDIT: sorry for the double post

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads