• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Bubblegum Barbarian

Alishea

First Post
Hey y'all

I was so welcomed by you so thanks for that! :)

Well I had to ditch the pacifist cleric, it just wasn't working. So my new character is what my husband lovingly calls a bubblegum barbarian.

Essentially, imagine that girl from the movie "clueless" (if anyone is old enough to remember that), mixed with a pious preachers daughter and the most sappy girly episode of care bears. :D

Now, add a little psychosis, and there you have her. She rages and then has the psychotic "Now see what you made me do?". Mommy dearest style.

She is adventuring because her father is a magistrate in a small town and wanted her to "share her talents with the world" (IE: get the heck out of here, you're ruining my political goals).

We aren't allowed to play evil right away but I think I will start CN and she will naturally progress to CE.

So what do you think? This is the best I've got. I'm still trying to convince hubby that it is possible to have pink leather armor

Theo R Cwithin

I cast "Baconstorm!"
Hehe! Sounds perfect, especially the relationship to Daddy. I'm envisioning Alicia Silverstone periodically turing into She Hulk, then being remorsefully pissy afterwards.

They make pink leather biking jackets, so why shouldn't Barbie the Barbarian fashion designer offer a line of armors and accessories for such tastes?

paradox42

First Post
[Barbarian smacks orc to death with her weapon]
Paladin: Hey! We were trying to interrogate him!
Barbie: He said this leather made me look fat. Seriously! ME! FAT! He had to go.
Paladin: [splutters] But... but... you could have just threatened him!
Barbie: I pulled [weapon] out and waved it in his face first. I totally paused!

Alishea

First Post
[Barbarian smacks orc to death with her weapon]
Paladin: Hey! We were trying to interrogate him!
Barbie: He said this leather made me look fat. Seriously! ME! FAT! He had to go.
Paladin: [splutters] But... but... you could have just threatened him!
Barbie: I pulled [weapon] out and waved it in his face first. I totally paused!
ROFL! Exactly. And I imagine her loving her hair and having an 'Anchorman' type reaction:
Mean Man: Well, you have bad hair!Barbie: [shellshocked] What did you say?Mean Man: I said, your hair looks stupid.*Fight ensues* LOL

SSuser

Explorer
Your character concept reminds me of my wife's barbarian cheerleader that she played in X-crawl. It was great fun. If he won't let you go with pink leather, you could do black leather with a pink cape. IMO I'd stay away from evil, it totally clashes with pink. =P

paradox42

First Post
Your character concept reminds me of my wife's barbarian cheerleader that she played in X-crawl. It was great fun. If he won't let you go with pink leather, you could do black leather with a pink cape. IMO I'd stay away from evil, it totally clashes with pink. =P
OTOH, pink would lull potential victims into a false sense of security wouldn't it?

Plus, if she runs into any Evil things that mock her for wearing pink, why that's just a wonderful excuse for more mayhem and destruction (starting with the foolish demon/devil/whatever that mocked her). :devil:

She can even appear heroic that way, sort of like Dexter. But, you know, as a valley girl.

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
For this character, it'd be all about the accessories. I don't know if you have access to any third-party books, but there are some items and equipment out there that'd be perfect for her.

If you have access to Luven Lightfinger's Gear and Treasure Shop, check out the she-devil bustier armor.

Not only does it provide the same protection (+2 AC), but also is comparably priced (25 gp for the "barbarian version" made of hide), gives a +2 circumstance bonus to Charisma against people who'd find your character attractive, and even says that it comes in whatever color the buyer wants!

TarionzCousin

Second Most Angelic Devil Ever
Leather can be dyed pink. Only $4.99 plus shipping and handling and you can wave this product in front of your husband's face.

... or use it to dye some unfinished leather. It would be cheapest to buy scraps. Don't try to dye your shoes or an old coat; they're treated and won't dye easily if at all.

Remove ads