• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Bucklers

Tetsubo

First Post
In D&D [3.5] bucklers are strapped to the forearm. I've never liked this as it runs counter to how a buckler is actually used. They are actually held in your off hand. They are a much more dynamic form of defense then the larger shields. Aiding the user in both disarming and grappling with an opponent. To reflect this I propose granting a +2 bonus to a user in both Disarming and Grappling attempts if held in the hand as they should be. Does that sound balanced?

Tetsubo said:
In D&D [3.5] bucklers are strapped to the forearm. I've never liked this as it runs counter to how a buckler is actually used. They are actually held in your off hand. They are a much more dynamic form of defense then the larger shields. Aiding the user in both disarming and grappling with an opponent. To reflect this I propose granting a +2 bonus to a user in both Disarming and Grappling attempts if held in the hand as they should be. Does that sound balanced?
Bucklers also don't block ranged attacks very well. I suggest taking your bonus and add the penalty that ranged attacks ignore the AC bonus of the buckler.

Remove ads