• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Buffy] New Episode Tonight. Don't forget! [SPOILERS]

RatPunk

First Post
Faith

Faith is alive and well and doing time in a prison somewhere in or near the Los Angeles area. She is supposed to be in 2-3 episodes of Angel soon and then make her way to Buffy for the last 5 episodes of the season. I'm betting she'll die a suitably heroic death to redeem herself and call the next Slayer.

And I think it's the real Giles. I mean, did you see how messed up his hair was when they got back from The Eye's dimension? No self respecting Manifestation of Pure Evil would ever let itself look like that... :D

I also find it a bit ironic that the worst apocalypse the group has ever faced is, essentially, Xander's fault, especially when you consider that he's the one that saved the world from Willow. Coincidence?

D'arc DeWinter

First Post
What I don't understand is this. Shouldn't there be three slayers? Buffy has died twice, but only one extra slayer has been activated (who subsequently died, activating Faith, IIRC).

D'arc DeWinter said:
What I don't understand is this. Shouldn't there be three slayers? Buffy has died twice, but only one extra slayer has been activated (who subsequently died, activating Faith, IIRC).

I just assume there's Buffy and Faith, with a third somebody running around out there with Slayer abilities. I hope she shows up sometime before the end of the season.

I also hope that the First Slayer is called into action.

That having been said, have we ever really discussed who would win if Buffy, the Slayer, fought Hawk the Slayer?

Chun-tzu

First Post
D'arc DeWinter said:

There is only one line of succession. When Buffy died, Kendra was activated. When Kendra died, Faith became the new Slayer. Buffy came back to life, and subsequently died again, but the heritage now belongs to Faith, the "true" Slayer. Or, another way to look at it is, each Slayer only gets one replacement.

Cor Azer

First Post
Joss Whedon has said that a dead Slayer can only activate another Slayer once, no matter how many times the Slayer dies and is resurrected. So when Buffy drowned, Kendra was activated. Now, even if Buffy dies again (which, strangely, she did) she won't activate any more Slayers. When Kendra died, Faith was activated, so now the line passes through Faith...

Wolf72

Explorer
Mo- Ron

so I knew I wouldn't be home last night, so I set the VCR before I left for my job (substitute teacher) ... that was at oh, 0635. I think next time I'll make sure it's set on ... PM!!!!

the only good news was that my mom really did have the 2hour firefly taped! (she watches john doe).

soooo any chance this is gonna be shown again this weekend or something?

KnowTheToe

First Post
I recorded it and can't wait to watch it tonight. TV is so much better recorded, you can watch it in half the time.

Last edited:

Bill Muench

First Post
KnowTheToe said:
I recoeded it and can't wait to watch it tonight. TV is so much better recorded, you can watch it in half the time.

Yep, I'm really getting mileage out of my TiVo. I tend to watch things about an hour after they start so I can just skip through the commercials and save time. Very convenient...

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads