BUGHUNTERS MOREAU - Lab Rats Amok!

Captain Tagon

First Post
Brute reaches over and pats Jack on the head in a jocular manner. "It's okay Jack, we won't cause any more damage than absolutely needed to ensure all these bugs are dead."

The NCO then turns to face the Lt. in charge of the drop. "Sir, I think Sten had a good idea so could I request one of those shotguns as well?" As he says it, Brute is scratching his own head, proving that at least some of a Moreau's genetic traits carry over.

Karl Green

First Post
"Of course Sergeant" and the Lt. makes a note.

[occ]Add…
RomVoss "Wraith" Automatic Shotgun (with 1 extra clip)
total weight for James is now is 75 lbs just under light encumbrance ;)[/occ]

The Feline female moreau crewmen approaches the Lieutenant, saluting him and sharply snaps off "Sir, we are all ready to go as soon as your people are all strapped in. I will be your pilot, Warreant Office Jillia6745392, call sign 'Casper'. Whenever you are ready..."

It is very quick and subtle, but Alex is pretty sure that the woman's eyes run over him… a flash of interest maybe? The glance fast though, and she is quickly returning to her ship after Lt. dismisses her and orders everyone aboard. Hmm, are her hips seem to be swinging with just a little extra swing then before?

Festy_Dog

First Post
Gramps quietly observes proceedings, with his standard sour expression adorning his face. His wiry grey hair bristles as he appears to think upon something for a moment.

"Sir, can I request a flame thrower?" he asks.

Karl Green

First Post
Lt. Talavera looks around and says "Is that everything men? Sergeant do you want to assign this Motion Sensors? We have four sets here, and they should give you some warning if the creatures are around. They have limited capacities underground or through walls but they should still help in the tunnels themselves. (generally Riflemen are assigned to them first, then scouts and finally maybe you or demo)

"Lets get saddled up.

"When we hit the ground, we will get you suited up in the NBC E-Suits at are at the staging area away from prying eyes. All your equipment and armor will be in large boxes mark 'Hazmat' to maintain our cover story.

"You will be inserted here at Station 2A that will take you down the main Substation sewer system where you can remove the suit and get into your Flak armor. Once there, you will be very close to where they found the maintenance workers. From there it is up to you figure how to proceed.

"I will be monitoring, but I am not going to question your actions from base camp unless you into a crises situation.
"

With that the Squad fills onto the Shuttle and gets strapped in (by the Primate Moreau, who calls himself 'George'). With a few moments, the pilots voices comes over the loudspeaker "We are five-by-five and ready to launch… in five… four… three… two… one… Launch!"

The G's from the launch are not as bad as a combat drop - maybe only two and half (instead of usual seven or eight) - but it still pushes you back into your seats for a few moments. Quickly though the shuttle drops to zero as it moves into position for reentry into the Earth atmosphere.

"Reentry in 30 seconds people, we should be on the ground in 20 minutes" the pilot says over the intercom… and quickly the shuttle starts shaking as it hits the upper stratosphere.

20 minutes later the shuttle lands, and Lt. Talavera gets the team up and moving. Within an hour you are dressed up in bulky suits that have shaded visors in case anyone might get a glance at your faceplate will see nothing but their reflection back. The 'Hazmat' with your equipment is set up and labeled with each of your names… it is time to go.

Stepping out of the staging area you see a number of styled office like building - they are huge! The sun is setting and the city lights are blocking out any stars that might show in the early evening sky…and it does hit you all… your on Earth! This is the first time in your whole life that you have set food here.

Shaking yourselves out of your momentary shock by Lt. Talavera's voice on your helm comms "OK, the intersection should be about 300ft to your NE, bearing 78, see it."

Within a few moments you pull up the manhole cover and drop down into the sewers of Berlin. You quickly remove your E-Suits and pull out your equipment. There are a few emergency lights here and there, so your have fairly good vision even down here.

The smells are not as bad as you might expect… modern science is good for something maybe? But then you are on the upper levels… it might get worst.

"Sergeant, set your point man and team marching orders… move them out. Lock and load soldiers"

[occ] Captain Tagon as NCO you get to decide marching order but others should suggested also. The tunnel you are presently in is 15ft wide and runs at least a mile in both directions (northeast and southwest). There are side tunnels and substations generally every 50 or 100 feet at the upper level running in different direction. The maintenance crew was found in the northeast tunnel, three substations down (about 200ft down and then another 500 ft farther down the tunnel). As you get deeper there are older sewer stations and substations throughout the system and it gets far more random… but that is a while yet.[/occ]

Karl Green

First Post
[occ] As a reminder, here is the team and names...(generally Humans and in offical doc's etc people use your ranks and 'firest names' while in the teams you generally just use your 'call-sign' (the ones in "--")...

James or “Brute" (NCO; Primate)
Bigfoot or "Pedia" (Radio; Primate)
Jack or "Professor" (Medic; Bat)
Alex or "Sneak" (Scout; Feline)
Sten or "Thunder" (Heavy Weapons; Canine)
Sam or "Squeak" (Demo; Rat)
Gunther or "Gramps" (Riflemen; Canine)

Ursal or "Gort" (Riflemen; Bear) NPC
Cash or "Cat's Eyes" (Riflemen; Feline) NPC
Grey or "Quick" (Riflemen; Rat) NPC

Last edited:

Alex finished getting his equipment situated as he looked around to get a good idea of any possible places for cover in the area. Cramped...ah well. Expected. He got his rifle and pulled it over his back, not sure of the use it would provide in such small area. Instead, he had the knife and handgun in a more easily accessable place. Of course...he still had his claws if all else failed...

"Never thought I'd set foot down here," he said quietly to himself more than anything. Hmm...what was that name again? Jillia? Casper...interesting. Would have to remember that one for later. Alex allowed himself a grin and turned to the others as his mind moved into 'business mode'.

Mithran

First Post
Pedia put's his gear on and tests the shoulder rig (Assuming there is some sort of testing drill you are supposed to go through) while he's still testing he says "So who would have thought our first job would be shooting bug's on earth?."

Captain Tagon

First Post
While checking over his equipment one last time, Brute shrugs. "Not me Pedia, but this is our first shot to prove our worth. That means I don't want anyone to let the team down, understood?" He slowly makes eye contact with all the members of the team.

"Now, my idea is to have Sneak take point. Cat's Eyes and I will follow ten feet behind. Ten feet behind us I want Quick, with Pedia, Professor, and Squeak five feet behind him and Gort another five feet back. Finally I'd like Thunder and Gramps bringing up the rear, five feet behind them with Sneak, Cat's Eyes, Quick, and Gramps getting the Motion Sensors."

He allows a moment for the squad to think over his battle plan. "If anyone has changed in mind, let me know now."

Ferrix

Explorer
Once on the surface he takes a deep breath, absorbing a smell he had only dreamed of.

-----------

"Sounds good with me," Thunder chuckles patting the Howler he cradles, "Gramps and I go way back."

Last edited:

Remove ads