Build advice ettique

Should you ask for build advice in a stickied guide or in a new post?

• Put it in a stickied guide. Most eyeballs and others can learn from your questions.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • New post - filling guides with lots of back and forth doesn't help

Votes: 7 63.6%
  • Add it to a guide thread only if it expands on it (new combos, etc), otherwise create a new thread.

Votes: 4 36.4%

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
When you're looking for advice on a specific character build that is single classed (or mostly so), is it better to create a new thread, or to ask it in an appropriate guide.

Putting it in a guide means everyone from now to the death of the edition will see it - which could be gold if you've got a unique build, or could be dross if you're covering details already covering in the guide.

Creating a new thread has the opposite - have as much conversation without spamming the permanent links, but anything new will be lost much quicker since it's not stickied. This doesn't stop a summary of "hey, I found X+Y to be a good combo" in a guide, but that's an extra step that may or may not happen.

smbakeresq

Explorer
When you're looking for advice on a specific character build that is single classed (or mostly so), is it better to create a new thread, or to ask it in an appropriate guide.

Putting it in a guide means everyone from now to the death of the edition will see it - which could be gold if you've got a unique build, or could be dross if you're covering details already covering in the guide.

Creating a new thread has the opposite - have as much conversation without spamming the permanent links, but anything new will be lost much quicker since it's not stickied. This doesn't stop a summary of "hey, I found X+Y to be a good combo" in a guide, but that's an extra step that may or may not happen.

In the guide works for me. I check the guides all the time. Either works though, I try to help out and n builds as much as possible.

bid

First Post
Etiquette or ethics?

Both work, but like in basketball when you aim between the rim and the board, the ball rebounds back to your hands.

Remove ads