Build me a fighter worthy of glorious death!

Aust Diamondew

First Post
Caeleddin said:
In a situation like that, outnumbered 50 to 1, if the PCs decided to fight, I'd have them grappled to Hell and hung from the nearest tree without a single dice roll. A little House Rule of mine states that if the situation is too stupid to be believed (eg., a level 20 Fighter cutting down 2billion peasants with Great Cleave in one round), the LOGICAL outcome will be enacted instead. I give very specific examples of this, including Monks getting grappled to Hell by 5-6 guardsmen REGARDLESS of the level of the Monk. I don't care how good you are, but when you are buried by bodies, you are BURIED.

Yea. And when a PC tells me his wizard mumbles a few words and makes some hand jestures while holding a bat turd I just laugh and tell him that he can't cast fireball cause it doesn't make sense.

If you couldn't tell I was being sarcastic.

On the other hand if you massacre 50 peasents you're proably going to have many powerful individuals after your head.

Rackhir

Explorer
Aust Diamondew said:
If you couldn't tell I was being sarcastic.

Hmmm, I'd thought you were trying to be childish, but what ever you say.

Monkey grip for a large size spiked chain, is nice (2d6). If you go with a large creature, you can cover a 20' area with a spiked chain, that will REALLY mess up people. Additionally you could monkey grip a HUGE spiked chain (2d8 iirc).

As far as items go, anything to boost your hide skill helps to use Hide in plain sight. So you'd probably want to look at a +10 hide skill item. Make sure your tumble is maxed as well, since you'll be wanting to put your self in the middle of the group to generate the maximum number of AoOs. Depending on your build you probably should be immune to being flanked.

Depending on the party composition/alignment some sort of Bane vs humans and/or Unholy/Anarchic/axiomatic enchantement on the chain is probably your best bet for an enchantment on the spiked chain. Pick it wisely and you'll be getting an extra 2d6 and +2 on every hit.

Storyteller01

First Post
jerichothebard said:
You've clearly never seen video of Morihei Ueshiba in action. You know, the founder of Aikido? Good luck mobbing him with 5 town guards.

No joke! Especially since the art is designed to take out multiple opponents. So was the sword system it had been modeled after. ;)

I guess the the rouge/shadow dancer route would work, especially if you can have her working with shadows (flanking, sneak attack, and they still have to figure out who they just hit).

Storyteller01

First Post
Caeleddin said:
In a situation like that, outnumbered 50 to 1, if the PCs decided to fight, I'd have them grappled to Hell and hung from the nearest tree without a single dice roll. A little House Rule of mine states that if the situation is too stupid to be believed (eg., a level 20 Fighter cutting down 2billion peasants with Great Cleave in one round), the LOGICAL outcome will be enacted instead. I give very specific examples of this, including Monks getting grappled to Hell by 5-6 guardsmen REGARDLESS of the level of the Monk. I don't care how good you are, but when you are buried by bodies, you are BURIED.

Haven't you seen 'Trigun' yet? :p

Storyteller01

First Post
Parlan said:
At high levels especially, logic should rarely come into play.

Or, if you look at it in the real world, those folks who tend to achieve high(er) levels tend to rewrite what is logical anyway. :)

Anyway... Back to the thread...

dungeon blaster

First Post
She is a follower of Graz'zt and will be in a temple complex with fairly large rooms (so lots of room to move around). She has a sister who is a cleric5/Thrall of Graz'zt6. Although I'm not sure if they will be fighting the PC's at the same time, they probably will. Since they are identical twins, I was thinking of making it so that any spell cast on one will affect the other equally (this can be both very good and very bad). I was also thinking that there will be four chains hanging off of each column in the room; once the thrall of Graz'zt casts dancing chains it will be quite an interesting battlefield.

As for equipment, I'm thinking shadowed leather armor, +1 spiked chain of sweeping, slippers of spider climb, stuff like that.

moritheil

First Post
Caeleddin said:
Shilsen - Sorry. I don't subscribe to the longest selling fantasy book in human history.

Very few truly great myths describe their heroes as killers of thousands at a time. None that I can think of, in fact. Arthur, Beowulf, Siegfried, Gilgamesh, Hercules. Their fame came from deeds or vanquishing single monsters.

Did you just drag your own religious beliefs into this, when they had little do to with the use of material as literature? (Re: killing people with the jawbone of an ass)

moritheil

First Post
Caeleddin said:
You consider that an epic or a "great myth/legend"?

I consider it a heroic story, whether or not you happen to believe in the religion attatched to it. Hence my reference to "literature." Didn't you mention Arthur, Gilgamesh, and some other heroes? I would consider those heroic stories as well, and you seem to be using them for source material.

I'm not here to question what you do or do not believe in, and I'm not here to tell you to be logically consistent in applying classes of source material to your world. What I am mystified by is the fact that you apparently went out of your way to state some aspect of your personal belief when no one asked about it, and when it does not seem terribly relative to the discussion at hand.

Remove ads