Build Your Own Terrain with BATTLEHEX!

Battlehex is a modular, hexagonal terrain building set designed for miniatures. You can combine streams, open ground, woods, and stones to create different combinations. It's a Kickstarter project, with future goals which include roads, bridges and more, and there are mentions of swamps and beaches.

Battlehex is a modular, hexagonal terrain building set designed for miniatures. You can combine streams, open ground, woods, and stones to create different combinations. It's a Kickstarter project, with future goals which include roads, bridges and more, and there are mentions of swamps and beaches.

It's hex-based, so may not be suitable for every game (especially square-based RPGs like Pathfinder and D&D - though D&D 5E does have hexes as an option in the DMG), and a box costs $64 for 60 hexes (although that covers and enormous 6' x 4' area!) The Kickstarter is looking for $25K and has nearly $15K of it with two weeks to go. If tabletop minitaure wargames are your thing, this seems perfect for it.

SethRob

First Post
Thanks for sharing our project with everyone, Morrus! It is also worth mentioning that this is an EU friendly campaign, with free shipping to the US, UK, and FR. A money-back guarantee is also included. We would love to hear what everyone thinks, specifically what all games you envision yourself using it for. Please drop me an email or message if you have any questions, we'll be happy to help. Cheers!

JesterOC

Explorer
Actually this does not look hex-based in the traditional sense. The terms hex-based or square-based implies that each hex or square represents a single unit of movement. For instance 5 foot squares or hexes. This terrain system is infact gridless, note the absence of sub grids. They will work well for anyone who either uses a ruler for distances (Warhammer and such) or for RPGs (or people) who just wing it (13th Age, The one ring (perhaps), and 5e for most folks).

Last edited by a moderator:

These look immensely sweet! I don't even need them, but I find myself wanting them...

Also, after the Morningstar KS, it's nice to see one that's doing so well!

DarthPanic

Explorer
For those complaining about the cost, have you seen the area these hexes cover? Desinging, printing, cutting and shipping all the pieces to fill a 6x4' table (that's almost 2.5 sq. meters) costs a lot, even on cardboard. I think the price is more than ok, if you can spend this money. I understand it is less for RPing and more for wargaming but it is a great solution (similar to one I have been working on myself :/) and this is a really good project

And if they hit that "double-sided" stretch goal...damn! Honestly I can see myself using these well more than WotC's Dungeon Tiles. Unfortunately, I'm not sure these won't just be filling the same role as those TactTiles I ordered.

Remove ads

Remove ads