• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Building a Gnome Warrior

Kurashu

First Post
YES! I'm building a gnome warrior. I'm planning Hexblade 4/Fighter 1/Dragon Disciple 3. I might switch out the level of Fighter for a level of Marshal and either take the aura for Cha to damage on charges or Cha to Dex/Init checks.

Right now the stats are:
Str 18 (18 - 2 racial + 2 DD)
Dex 14
Con 16 (14 + 2 racial)
Int 11
Wis 10
Cha 20 (18 + 2 levels)

But they are bound to change.

Feat wise...
I plan on something like:

1 Power Attack
3 Force of Personality (HRed for all Will Saves)
F Weapon Focus (Falchion/Scimitar)

However, I don't know what else to take. I don't want to completely cheese out (it's pretty much an unspoken rule in our group). I thought about Practiced Spellcaster and later Improved Familiar and then taking a Hippogriff or something. Iunno about that though. But Iunno. But now I'm thinking that'd only really be good for a charging build, not something I want.

As for classes...
I'll probably jump into Dervish or maybe Corrupt Avenger depending on if taint is introduced (doubtful) but I may be able to mitigate that with a good back story. There is nice synergy with Corrupt Avenger: spells, full BAB, d12, Charisma for spells. The only draw backs: Taint and Corruption are key concepts to the class and Grim Resolve doesn't stack with Arcane Resistance/Divine Grace.

So any suggestions for a good build (feats and classes) that doesn't reek of cheese.

Legildur

First Post
kayn99 said:
I would recommend taking dodge and titan fighting. It really adds a lot to a gnome melee character.
I second that. And the Divine Might. I'd also drop weapon focus as it is too specific (reducing flexibility) and feat slots are scarce.

Kurashu

First Post
Titan Fighting and Dodge. Check.

Should Mobility and Spring Attack be taken as well?

And, the Divine Might? Maybe. However, taking a level of cleric just for that (and getting two domains to boot) seems a little too cheesy.

Legildur

First Post
Spring Attack is fantastic for defeating reach, but I'm not sure they would be the best feat selections for a character with limited feat slots. Some of the Shield based feats in the PHBII would likely be better value (assuming use of a shield, of course).

Remove ads