• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Building an Aranea NPC

Morrow

First Post
I'm putting together an aranea NPC and am wondering if there are any full caster prestige classes that an aranea can qualify for without dipping into sorcerer first? I kind of doubt it, an aranea only has 3HD and casts as a 3rd level sorcerer, but I figured I'd ask.

In addition, does anyone have any suggestions on a build to improve the aranea's poison? I'm aware of a couple feats in Savage Species and a spell in PHBII, but haven't found much beyond that.

Morrow

moritheil

First Post
Morrow said:
I'm putting together an aranea NPC and am wondering if there are any full caster prestige classes that an aranea can qualify for without dipping into sorcerer first? I kind of doubt it, an aranea only has 3HD and casts as a 3rd level sorcerer, but I figured I'd ask.

In addition, does anyone have any suggestions on a build to improve the aranea's poison? I'm aware of a couple feats in Savage Species and a spell in PHBII, but haven't found much beyond that.

Morrow

Ability focus, and . . . yeah, that PHBII spell. :p

The areana is out of luck when it comes to going straight into a PrC. If you really feel strongly about it, make up a racial paragon class (assuming you use them in your campaign) for areanas that advances sorcerer casting.

Mind you, it's not like two levels in metamagic sorcerer would be wasted.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads