• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Bull rush and full attack

Elvinis75

First Post
AGGEMAM said:
No, a Bull Rush is a standard action or as part of a charge. In either case iterative attacks are not possible.

Then why do they say:

BULL RUSH
You can make a bull rush as a standard action (an attack) or as part of a charge (see Charge, below). When you make a bull rush, you attempt to push an opponent straight back instead of damaging him. You can only bull rush an opponent who is one size category larger than you, the same size, or smaller.

It seems completely unnecessary if it is a standard action it isn't necessarily interchangable as an attack. As part of a charge it makes sense that it can only be one attack and their is a specific additional modifier that goes with bull rushing with a charge. I think that this feat is pretty low powered is their some ways to use it that I'm missing other than the cliff/pit scenerio?

Mahali

Explorer
No, the movement from a Bull Rush negates the posibility of a Full Attack action anyway. You move more than 5' you only get one attack.

Greatwyrm

Been here a while...
The important thing here is that a Bull Rush is a standard action. The only way you get iterative attacks is if you use Full Attack -- a full round action. You can't take a standard action and a full round action in the same round.

The movement doesn't really even matter. I'm pretty sure you don't NEED to charge or partial charge to Bull Rush. You can just stand next to an opponent and try to push him really hard.

Remove ads