• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Bungie's Myth series

jdrakeh

Front Range Warlock
pukunui said:
Myth's such a great game with a fantastic story. It's a shame it doesn't have a bigger following.

Agreed. I think that the Myth games simply fell victim to their own exploitation of cutting edge tech (the Myth games had a rather high hardware requirement for the time of their release) and Bungie's then "This game will sell itself!" approach to marketing (ads for Myth were pretty obscure outside of dedicated gaming mags).

pukunui

Legend
jdrakeh said:
Agreed. I think that the Myth games simply fell victim to their own exploitation of cutting edge tech (the Myth games had a rather high hardware requirement for the time of their release) and Bungie's then "This game will sell itself!" approach to marketing (ads for Myth were pretty obscure outside of dedicated gaming mags).
Yeah probably.

Diesel

First Post
I too wished I had never gotten rid of my GURPS book. While the info in the Sj book might be hard to convert stat wise it did have some cool fluff.

For sheer background try Myth@ Bungie.org and other sites still devoted to the game.They have some cool maps, backstory and encyclopedic info that would work in a game. Along with a description of the units in the game you could proabably re create the monsters and heroes on your own.

BTW Myth and Myth 2 were awesome. My first online multiplayer experience. hearing the narrator say "casulty" when a unit died was well awesome.

Wisdom Penalty

First Post
Diesel said:
BTW Myth and Myth 2 were awesome. My first online multiplayer experience. hearing the narrator say "casulty" when a unit died was well awesome.

I can firmly state that Myth:TFL was the best game I have ever, ever played. I wasn't married at the time, and it nearly ruined the courtship. I turned pale from lack of sun. My hair was a tangled mess. I don't know if I even owned a toothbrush. My job, my girlfriend, my bills - all were secondary considerations that could annoying get between me and my Myth.

Now, despite my penalty to Wisdom, I have learned that addiction is a bad thing.

But damn was it ever fun.

Wis

pukunui

Legend
Diesel said:
For sheer background try Myth@ Bungie.org and other sites still devoted to the game.They have some cool maps, backstory and encyclopedic info that would work in a game. Along with a description of the units in the game you could proabably re create the monsters and heroes on your own.
Yeah, I've had a look round that site. A bit hard to use since it's mostly just jumbled collections of excerpts from the game text itself but still fairly good. I'm hoping the GURPS book will be better organized and have more info for plundering.

Yes. I loved that. Heh. Brings back memories ... Man, I wish I had the CDs still. I wonder what I did with them? Probably gave them away when I moved to New Zealand ... :p

Lidgar

Gongfarmer
Wisdom Penalty said:
I can firmly state that Myth:TFL was the best game I have ever, ever played.

QFT. Many, many, hours devoted to a game that is like to other. I still hope that one day Bungie will do somehting like it again.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads