• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Burgus in Wicht's Lair

Wicht

Hero
Sorry for not posting for a couple weeks. I got sick, had a funeral I had to participate in, had computer problems and generally had a time getting online much :( Shouldn't happen again for a while. :)

Burgus approached the gate and sees nothing threatening. The gate is unlocked and swings easily open.

Followed by his companion he steps across and into the cemetery…

And the scenery changes. The very air seems to get darker as the cemetery literally grows before his eyes. The small personal cemetery expands into a vast, hilly cemetery, dotted with tombstones and crypts.

A path goes from the gate through the cemetery to the north. Hills rise on both sides of the path. The hill on the left rises up steeply, though not so steep as to not have tombstones covering it. At the top of the hill Burgus thinks he can see the roofs of some crypts.

The hill on the right also rises up steeply. A path branches off of the main path and follows the hill to the top, where a large circular structure crowns the hill.

Last edited:

Knight Otu

First Post
(Welcome back. :) I hope you're feeling better now.)

Burgus almost recoils seeing the changing cemetery, readying his hammer to swing. He relaxes a bit as after the shock, seeing no immediate attackers, and mumbles some curses about shamanistic powers.
"I think that means we are at the right place... Refgal, you see those roofs on the left hill, too? I see no path going up, maybe we should clib up there first."

Wicht

Hero
Reaching the top of the hill, Burgus sees that there are indeed crypts up there. A cobbled road just ahead of him runs north and south. There is a crypt at the southern end of the road and two more on its eastern side just north of where he stands. There may be another one further up the road.

The cemetery stretches out further then he can see to the west and looking behind him he sees the other hill to the east, topped with the large circular building he had seen earlier.

As he looks, Burgus is suddenly aware that he hears something or someone sniffing, as if crying, somewhere nearby.

Knight Otu

First Post
"I hear something, like crying, Refgal. Let us see what it is."

Burgus tries to determine the direction of the sound, and moves towards it carefully.

Wicht

Hero

Not far away, Burgus sees a small child sitting crouched next to a tombstone. The child is dressed in rags and is rather thin and elfin in features. It is, after a moment, Burgus decides, a young female child, perhaps nine years old. She turns as Burgus approaches and begins to smile.

“I’m hungry,” she says mournfully, but with that smile, innocent smile. Her face is almost angelic as the smile grows bigger. Burgus’ companion comes up behind him as the child speaks, peering to see what is going on.

Remove ads