• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Burgus in Wicht's Lair

Wicht

Hero
Burgus stand on a small hill overlooking a cemetery. The villagers told him that the cemetery was an evil place, but Burgus already knew that. The map he carried marked it as the entrance to Wicht’s Lair and rumors made it the very gates of hell.

The wise old men who had arranged for him to receive the map had cautioned him concerning the dangers of the cemetery. They had also told him that reports indicated the lair could only be reached proper by passing all the way through the cemetery, though hidden entrances abounded.

But now as he surveys the gate in the valley before him by the light of day it is hard to imagine that it as a place of evil. It looks to be nothing more then a small cemetery, bound on all sides by a massive fence. Burgus sees no crypts within the small enclosure from his vantage point, just a mowed lawn dotted with gravestones.

The only life Burgus sees is a man at the bottom of the hill, gazing at the gate in front of him.

Knight Otu

First Post
The world beyond is a strange place... Burgus thinks to himself, as he approaches the man, cautiously. "Hello, there!" He calls the man from what he believes to be a save distance. "Who are you?"

Burgus, recalling the rumours about this place, readies himself to swing his hammer should the need to do so arise.

(OOC: I'm currently having some connection problems, but nothing major, yet. I hope it doesn't get worse)

Wicht

Hero
The man turns and scans Burguss slowly.

“My name is Refgal,” he calls back, “Are you friend or foe?”

Wicht

Hero
"Aah," he says, "I was wondering if that was where I was. I was told to expect a huge cemetery, but this place looks far too small. Are you a native to this place?"

Knight Otu

First Post
"No, I am from an isolated valley, and most of its inhabitants do believe that it is the whole world. I am basically an outcast from my tribe.

And according to my informations, this is supposed to be the entrance to Wicht's lair. I m not really sure either if this is what I expected... Why are you interested in Wicht's lair? I think I know the answer, but I want to make sure."

Wicht

Hero
"I have heard that he is looking to recruit fighters and so I have traveled many miles to be recruited. But the instructions I recieved were sketchy and I was not sure if this was the right place. And to be honest i was not sure whether or not I wanted to be recruited when I actually got down to it and arrived here. One freind of mine went to join Wicht's army and has not been heard of in almost a year."

Knight Otu

First Post
"I see..." Burgus thinks of something to say as he hears that Refgal's intentions are not what he expected.

"Personally, I would be cautious. From what I heard, being recuited is not a good thing, though these rumours could be part of... what do you call that? Killing reputation?"

Even more cautious now, Burgus silently curses the fact that he is not good with words. If he could sway Refgal, he might become an ally in a hostile place, but at the same time, he could turn hostile himself.

"Maybe we can travel together through the lair for some time, so we can get a picture of what does happen there?"

Wicht

Hero
"Very well," says Refgal, "I can do that. I am not quite sure where to go though, I was told to look for a place without a password."

He stands as if waiting for Burgus to move first and Burguss gets the feeling that his new companion is not a man used to makingup his own mind.

Knight Otu

First Post
"Well, if the cemetery is supposed to be the entrance, we should enter itfirst. Maybe things become more clear then. By the way, my name is Burgus."

Even though Burgus doubts that he will see something he didn't see before, he turns towards the gate and walks up to it, keeping his hammer ready. He tries to keep an eye on Refgal, but is less cautious now.

Remove ads