• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Bush telegraph of EVIL

tardigrade

Explorer
In my campaign the PCs are searching for a group of missing villagers. The villagers have actually entered some local caves and been captured by a tribe of evil humanoids who have just moved into the area and are going to try to auction them as slaves. However, I'm struggling to think of a mechanism for them to have alerted regional evildoers to the auction. Any ideas? The humanoids have a low-level spellcaster and I'm not averse to giving them some sort of fairly low powered magic item, but the move to the area was unplanned (they got kicked out of their old site by the Big Bad) so I want it to seem like something improvised rather than carefully planned.

Tl;dr - your tribe of evil humanoids is new to the area and holding an improptu slave auction: how do you get word out?

S

Sunseeker

Some kind of message runners more than likely, sent to areas where slaving is legal or at least in demand but kept on the down-low.

The spell Message/Sending?

Satyrn

First Post
Messenger pigeons they brought along with them specifically so they could contact their guy they left behind before coming to this place.

Wait, that sounds too organized.

One of the 3 messenger pigeons they managed to grab before fleeing, and they send a message to their guy they hope is still alive back there.

Remove ads