• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Businesses saying keep the rowdy children at home.

JediSoth

Voice Over Artist & Author
I was pretty amused by all the complaints of "that's what kids do." Really? Mine don't, at least not when they're out. I have a funny feeling that these same complainers sure didn't get to act like that if they were out when they were kids either.

You know, when I was a kid, that wasn't what we did. If I acted like that in public, there was punishment. Not this "go sit in the corner and think about what you've done" crap, but the smack-on-the-butt kind.

[controls self before going on an uncontrollable rants about nosy busy-bodies, corporal punishment, and this blame-everyone-else-first society]

aselr oearen aodhfo ahe ndeo hnao

OK, so I can't talk about this in a coherant manner.

I decided right then and there that these rude obnoxious kids were NOT going to ruin my only chance to go to the movies for the first time in two months. I turned around and gave them the "Daddy Voice" with both barrels: "Shut...up!" I have seldom seen two more chagrinned and terrified faces in my life. They uttered nary a peep for the entire rest of the movie.

My wife and I have to do this often at the movies. I tend to let it slide a bit in movies where I expect kids, but my tolerance drops to ZERO in PG-13 and above movies. Wanna see me become spawn of Satan? Bring a child to a rated R movie and let them misbehave just once. *coughSAWcough*.

JediSoth

Remove ads