• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Buy land on the moon for $19.99 plus tax

Czhorat

First Post
Hmmm.. shades of Robert Heinlein. I believe that the lead character in his classic story "The Man Who Sold The Mood" (Delos David Harriman?) used something like this as one of his schemes to raise the funds needed for a private lunar mission. It IS a neat example of life imitating art, and hopefully this nutcase's "lunar deeds" could be framed to make a wacky little gift. The idea, of course, is badly flawed. The fact that world governments don't own the moon doesn't mean that this guy can own it simply because he told them that he does. Actually, the very fact that no government has sovereignty over celestial bodies should mean that no government can validate his legal "rights". Still a fun idea though.

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Marlaxle is a crook. I'll sell it to you for $450, and throw in a free soda and a certificate that's perfect for framing.

You're responsible for any public works projects, though.

On a separate note, two nights ago we checked out the moon with my friend's telescope. Holy crap on a stick - I had never seen it that close before. The craters were beautiful.

Darrin Drader

Explorer
What are you guys talking about? I own the entire thing, and its not for sale. I need the entire light side for sun bathing and the entire dark side for cooling off. Besides, I have to go somewhere when the rest of you monkeys decide to nuke yourselves.

Tsyr

Explorer
I don't know the exact legal terminology, but I believe you cannot legally own something that you cannot set foot on.

Might just be one of those pseudo-legal myths floating around my brain, though.

Baraendur said:
What are you guys talking about? I own the entire thing, and its not for sale. I need the entire light side for sun bathing and the entire dark side for cooling off. Besides, I have to go somewhere when the rest of you monkeys decide to nuke yourselves.
You do realize, don't you, that the "light" side is the side that always faces the earth, not the side that always faces the sun. :p

andargor

Rule Lawyer Groupie
Supporter
Piratecat said:
Marlaxle is a crook. I'll sell it to you for $450, and throw in a free soda and a certificate that's perfect for framing.

Did you mean "farming"? Or do I have to make myself a "I bought the Moon, and all I got was this lousy frame" t-shirt? :D

Andargor

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads