Buying & Selling items

Barak

First Post
I'm not a big fan of shopping IRL, and do -that- as fast as I can. So I really don't feel like "wasting" precious gaming time doing so.

ragnar99

First Post
Option 3.

I'm really not interested in role-playing out any shopping trips at all. But if the PC's really want to then it is fine.

Treebore

First Post
Somethign to consider, for a long time I didn't bother with shopping either. Then one time I "accidently" did it and found out the players really go into it, especially if they were "custom" designing it with special leatherwork designs or special enamelling designs on their armor, etc...

Plus, like I previously mentioned, shop owners are great lead ins for adventure hooks. Anywhere from theft/extortion problems, to finding exotic items, recovering exotic items, to special deliveries, ad infinitum.

genshou

First Post
Treebore said:
Somethign to consider, for a long time I didn't bother with shopping either. Then one time I "accidently" did it and found out the players really go into it, especially if they were "custom" designing it with special leatherwork designs or special enamelling designs on their armor, etc...

Plus, like I previously mentioned, shop owners are great lead ins for adventure hooks. Anywhere from theft/extortion problems, to finding exotic items, recovering exotic items, to special deliveries, ad infinitum.
QFT. Players tend to love having their characters get custom items.

ThirdWizard

First Post
We'll roleplay it out if:

1) The PCs are visiting a shop that gets in random items from time to time. So if a shop has a randomly determined suit of magical armor for sale every once in a while, we'll roleplay it out. Sometimes the PCs want to buy it, sometimes they don't, but the option is available.

2) Anytime it makes sense. Is the PC tryin to haggle a great deal or looking for a very rare item? If its not just something you can run to the local shop and buy, then we'll roleplay it out.

3) Buying from a favorite shopkeeper. Shopkeepers can have jobs or give out information, since they see many things and many people go through them. If the shopkeeper is a recurring character more than a convienent place to go to for stuff they want, then it gets roleplayed.

Remove ads