• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Buying Steam

TheLostSoul

Explorer
I am considering buying a new book next month, but I do not know wich one to choose. Do any of you have comments to the following titles?

DragonMech

Iron Kingdoms Character Guide

Steampunk OGL

I already have Sorcery and steam, but I am a little disapointed by the book and some of the errors that were in the DriveThrough PDF version. I do plan to use it however.

I prefer DragonMech at the moment, due to the fact that it contains a complete setting, and I doubt that I will get time enough to create a new one this fall, but what do you think?

Naturally, I have to save enough money for the new WoD and Vampire book... :cool:

Fieari

Explorer
Hm. I've had nothing but good experiences so far using "Steam and Steel" available from RPGNow. I'm using it extensively in the next segment of my campaign which will have the PCs finding a long lost Steam Based civilization on the verge of collapse due to overmining their area and also due to their war with some evil Dragon Knights living to the north... putting together steamships and steammechs and all kinds of such things is going quite well, and that's the only Steam book I have.

Tetsubo

First Post
I just finished a fairly quick read of DragonMech (mostly the crunchy bits) and I think it is very well done. I will also be picking up the IKC book once my FLGS gets a copy. I did like the Sorcery & Steam book, though I bought it in the hardcover version. What didn't you like about it? DragonMech opens up the whole world of fantasy mech combat. Plus it has cool rules for creating items with "steam" powers ie, fantasy-tech. The IK books that have been published have been uniformly good in my opinion as well. They are just a tad more standard in the steampunk genre.

Remove ads