• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Buzzed by an owl... Twice

Jesus_marley

First Post
I was at work the other night, minding my own business when all of a sudden a bird came flying from directly behind me over my head. I didn't know what it was at first until it landed on the fence in front of me. when I realized what it was, I took out my camera phone and snapped this shot from 4 feet away. it was pure chance that the owl looked at me just as the picture was being taken (note the glowing eyes). after the shot it then flew to a nearby tree. I then continued on my merry way. about a hundred feet further along, the damn thing buzzed me again in the exact same way, landing on a fence in front of me. I got another picture if too but not as cool as the first one.

Attachments

• owl.jpg
    owl.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 135

Jesus_marley

First Post
now that you mention it, I was wearing my Bluetooth handsfree earpiece.... it flashes blue every few seconds..... I wonder if maybe the owl was attracted t that?

Might come in handy if I ever decide to start owl hunting. ;)

Merkuri

Explorer
Jesus_marley said:
now that you mention it, I was wearing my Bluetooth handsfree earpiece.... it flashes blue every few seconds..... I wonder if maybe the owl was attracted t that?

That could very well be it. It's possible the owl thought it was seeing the reflections in a small animal's eye (like the reflections of the owl's eye you caught in the photo), but as it got closer it realized you were a tad bigger than a mouse, which is why it didn't actually try to grab the earpiece off of your head.

frankthedm

First Post
Merkuri said:
That could very well be it. It's possible the owl thought it was seeing the reflections in a small animal's eye (like the reflections of the owl's eye you caught in the photo), but as it got closer it realized you were a tad bigger than a mouse, which is why it didn't actually try to grab the earpiece off of your head.
A lucky thing. Considering how sharp owl talons and beaks are, you'd lose a piece of ear along with the ear piece.

trancejeremy

Adventurer
I frequently get buzzed by a bat. There's one that lives nearby I guess, and he is attracted to the bugs around the dusk to dawn light. He sometimes smacks into my head, I guess he because he can't see too well (being a bat and all).

Owl is much cooler. I have one of those nearby, but have never seen him. Hear him, though.

Remove ads