• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Bye Monte!

Belen

Adventurer
I hope that Monte is successful in his future endeavors, although he will be sorely missed. He is one of the few third party publishers that wrote material that I would use and I always enjoyed his books.

As a side note, this leave Goodman Games and Necromancer Games as the only real d20 publishers left, which I find sad.

Scribble

First Post
Or maybe a MU Video game concept of Ptolus. :p

In anycase, he will be missed by me as well.. As I use a ton of his books in my games. But good luck to him!

JoeBlank

Explorer
Stormborn said:
Actually he said that there was one game product yet to come next year, that it was one he couldn't refuse, and that it wasn't comign out from Malhavok.

Exactly. The "so cool" project IS gaming related. Read again:

So what does the future hold for me? Well, at least one more game project. Earlier this year I got an offer to work on something so cool that I couldn't say no.
emphasis added

I too am doubting it is 4e.

rom90125

Banned
Banned
BelenUmeria said:
I hope that Monte is successful in his future endeavors, although he will be sorely missed. He is one of the few third party publishers that wrote material that I would use and I always enjoyed his books.

As a side note, this leave Goodman Games and Necromancer Games as the only real d20 publishers left, which I find sad.

I would also add Green Ronin to that list.

Henry

Autoexreginated
rom90125 said:
I would also add Green Ronin to that list.

We had a discussion that that once; Belen wouldn't. :)

But, true enough, Green Ronin is still a d20 publisher (Damnation Decade, for instance), though their focus is increasingly True20 and M&M. (Doesn't use d20 STL license).

Zaukrie

New Publisher
Well, this is unexpected. It will save me a lot of money, as his company is one of the few that I buy from. I am glad I didn't buy Ptolus now, as lack of continued support from the author is usually a bad sign for the long-term viability of a line of gaming products.

Your creativity will be missed, hopefully Monte, whatever you do, you'll succeed in.

Numion

First Post
Kinda glad that there won't be a Ptolus 1.5 a few years down the lane :p

I don't know how well he's done financially with Malhavoc, but I hope he now gets the kind of compensation that his level of talent warrants. Thumbs up!

Can't wait to see where his name turns up next. Loved his work most of the time and hes been invaluable to the industry. I hope his creativity can come to fruit where he would like it next.

johnsemlak

First Post
I don't understand where this leave's Malhavoc? Is it possible for it to continue with other writers, or does this essentially mean Malhavoc will stop publishing, assuming Monte's game-writing will be on the 'back burner'.

Sleepy Voiced

First Post
I wish Monte all the best in his future endeavors, but this announcecment still makes me sad. I love Malhavoc stuff, I guess this just gives me the opportunity to catch up with the few releases I've missed.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads