• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

C&C Questions

Treebore

First Post
dragonlordofpoondari said:
Traveller, eh? That sounds sweet! You'll have to report back on how it translates. Which rules system are you adapting from, T20 or Classic or GURPS (that last one seems doubtful)?

Thanks again, man!

I am taking Traveller from MT (but my historical time line is radically different). I am keeping it skills based, just based on the d20 instead of 2d6.

I sent you a response to your e-mail. If you can't read the RTF file I also posted an update in the thread for my on line Monday night game.

House Rules

This link should open to the page they are posted on. Its page 19 if it doesn't.

areola

First Post
The only feats I incorporate into my C&C game is cleave, many shot and rapid shot. Just had a session a few hours ago and my players managed to do all those including hanging on a wyvern while it flies around.. and all of them were just 4th level.. i just love the SIEGE engine. When our skills, feats and ahem powers aren't listed, we have to turn to our creativity or else it will be just routine hack and slash...

yongi

First Post
On converting other D&D stuff to C&C:

http://www.goodmangames.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=785

Excerpt:
The easiest thing to convert is the monsters. All you need to do is look up the same monster in the C&C Monsters and Treasure book! You can mark the pages in the module and your M&T book with color coded sticky notes so that you always know what page to turn to in a hurry and don't have to bother with making notes.

If the monster you want to convert is not in the Monsters and Treasure Book, I would consult an older edition of D&D-- my personal favorite being the Basic D&D Rules Cyclopedia. If you don't have it you can buy the pdf for 5 dollars at rpgnow.com or buy a used one on ebay.

The monsters presented in the RC are 90% compatable with C&C rules. The only thing that you would need to actively convert is armor class and saving throws. To convert D&DRC armor class to C&C, simply subtract the given AC from 19. Remember that subtracting a negative number is the same thing as addition. So a D&D monster listed as AC 5 would be AC 14 in C&C (19-5= 14). A monster with AC -3 would become AC 22 in C&C (19+3 =22). Saves are easier to convert. If the creature saves as a fighter, thief, dwarf, or halfling it is Physical prime. If it saves as an elf, cleric, or wizard it is mental prime. Use the creatures HD as the bonus to all rolls (including saves, attacks, etc). Simple, eh?

If using 1st or 2nd Edition AD&D as a resource, armor class is also easy to manage. Simply subtract the listed AC from 20. So an AC 5 creature would be AC 15 in C&C and an AC -3 character would be AC 23 in C&C. Saves convert the same as in basic D&D.

If you want to convert DIRECTLY from d20 system, use the same Hit Dice and die type as the creature already has, but get rid of the bonus hit points. So a creature listed as 5d10+15 HD in d20 would convert to 5d10 in C&C. You should also take away any bonuses to the damage dice listed. If the bonus listed is higher than the die, just make the attack use the die type, and double it. So a creature listed as doing d4+5 damage, change it to 2d4. If a creature had d6+3 dmg, just convert it to d6. These changes are because hit points and damage are harder to come by in C&C than they are in d20. If a creature's good saves are FORT or REF, it is Physical prime. If it is WILL the creature is mental prime. If they are all good saves, it is physical and mental prime.

There's lots more goodness in that thread.

Remove ads