• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[C&C] Skylark's Temple of Elemental Evil

gmredux

First Post
Amrais quietly slipped her longsword from its sheath, her buckler at her other hand. Her eyes made note of the brown uniform the bandit leader wore, as she interposed herself between them and the rest of her comrades. A dangerous look crept into her ice-blue eyes.

"Don't worry Darn," she said coolly. "I'll leave you something to pick over, once I'm done with that one." The tip of her blade cut the air in the direction of the half-elf bandit as she gestured with her sword.

(ooc: initiative is 8, http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=827784)

Skylark

First Post
Initiative Order:
Darn & Bandits simultaneously 10
Amrais 8
Aym 7
Avadne 6

About fifty feet seperates the bandits from the party, the wagons starting at that point, each about 10 feet long, and about twenty feet apart from each other. Each wagon can provide cover, and can be entered only from the rear door of the wagon, which is on the end of the wagon facing the party. A driver's seat is on the side of each wagon facing away from the party, south. There are four wagons in total. The cart horses are on the far end of the wagon train, munching on grass in a small clearing within the bright sun forest that surrounds you.

Two beefy, uniformed bandits draw broadswords and crouch behind intact crates on the ground to the right of the line of wagons, while the leader calls out.

"Drop your weapons, and you will come out of this with skins intact!"

He wistfully looks like he wants a challenge, however. Maybe it is just a gleam in his eyes.

Anyone can make a Wis check (add any Ranger, Rogue, or Assassin levels) when they start their action.

gmredux

First Post
"Drop your weapons, and you will come out of this with skins intact!"

"Surely you must understand our reluctance to do so. On the road, many things are promised, and in truth, we have no certainty of your disposition in matters of honesty. In addition, your crew seems slackjawed and in ill health. That one there seems to suffer dropsy, and if I am not mistaken, the other is jaundiced and clubfooted. Might I suggest a regimen at the hot springs near Dyvers? The road at your backs presents egress in precisely the correct direction."

(ooc: can we get a quick count of the number of visible bandits, please?)

(ooc: Wisdom check http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=828398 19+1=20; 22 if this also is able to apply a Listen bonus)

She ignored the leader's words. Likely, he was biding time for comrades hidden to gain the advantage on them. "Be wary, maybe he seeks to provide distraction," she said quietly to her teammates.

Wary at the bandit's confidence, Amrais scanned the scene, looking for corpses, or any sign of a previous scuffle, such as disturbed grass or blood. Her ears were alert, listening for the sound of footfalls or other telltale signs of impending ambush.

Coramonde

First Post
1d20+1=7 Wis Check.

Seeing the way things are going, Aym decides against moving any further from the party. Instead he and waves his hands in the air, saying something that sounds like "Zitugat Zimmarum".

A gentle mist rises up from the ground, solidifying into a cloud of fog-like nature that conceals the party entirely, and of course limits their vision as well.

Softly, Aym whispers in Elven "Look past what your eyes tell you is true, and you will gain advantage over those of lesser intellect".

Skylark

First Post
What spell is Aym casting?

Edit: I assume it is Silent Image but please confirm. Guys, I am headed to sleep, but will post more tomorrow to finish up the round and start round 2. 'Night.

Coramonde

First Post
Wow, okay I forgot to say the name of the spell. It is Silent Image. Everyone should make an Int check to figure out it is an illusion, since they have been told that it is one. Maybe they should get a bonus to figure that out. If they do, then they see through the illusion with no hinderance. The bandits on the other hand have no opportunity to disbelieve the illusion yet, and the party gains total concealment versus the bandits. Better yet, as long as Aym concentrates, he can move the concealing illusionary mist foward with the party to provide cover.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads