• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[C&C] Skylark's Temple of Elemental Evil

Skylark

First Post
Coramonde said:
Is this game dead? :(

No! I am alive. Thread necromancy is not neccessary here. I not only had the flu (thanks gmredux), but it hovered on pneumonia. I will start posting at this time tomorrow. I am still a bit lethargic, so would rather not sit here more tonight. See you all then.

Skylark

First Post
Round 1 - Recap

About fifty feet seperates the bandits from the party, the wagons starting at that point, each about 10 feet long, and about twenty feet apart from each other. Each wagon can provide cover, and can be entered only from the rear door of the wagon, which is on the end of the wagon facing the party. A driver's seat is on the side of each wagon facing away from the party, south. There are four wagons in total. The cart horses are on the far end of the wagon train, munching on grass in a small clearing within the bright sun forest that surrounds you.

Amrais quietly slipped her longsword from its sheath, her buckler at her other hand. Her eyes made note of the brown uniform the bandit leader wore, as she interposed herself between them and the rest of her comrades. A dangerous look crept into her ice-blue eyes.

Darn notices Amrais, probably the sturdiest of the bunch near him, and moves behind him for cover. He then looks for the nearest bandit and fires his shortbow. To Amrais he says, "Don't worry. As long as you can be my meat shield, I probably won't get hurt."

"Don't worry Darn," she said coolly. "I'll leave you something to pick over, once I'm done with that one." The tip of her blade cut the air in the direction of the half-elf bandit as she gestured with her sword.

Two beefy, uniformed bandits draw broadswords and crouch behind intact crates on the ground to the right of the line of wagons, while the leader calls out.

"Drop your weapons, and you will come out of this with skins intact!"

He wistfully looks like he wants a challenge, however. Maybe it is just a gleam in his eyes.

"Surely you must understand our reluctance to do so. On the road, many things are promised, and in truth, we have no certainty of your disposition in matters of honesty. In addition, your crew seems slackjawed and in ill health. That one there seems to suffer dropsy, and if I am not mistaken, the other is jaundiced and clubfooted. Might I suggest a regimen at the hot springs near Dyvers? The road at your backs presents egress in precisely the correct direction." replies Amrais.

She ignored the leader's words. Likely, he was biding time for comrades hidden to gain the advantage on them. "Be wary, maybe he seeks to provide distraction," she said quietly to her teammates.

Wary at the bandit's confidence, Amrais scanned the scene, looking for corpses, or any sign of a previous scuffle, such as disturbed grass or blood. Her ears were alert, listening for the sound of footfalls or other telltale signs of impending ambush.

Seeing the way things are going, Aym decides against moving any further from the party. Instead he and waves his hands in the air, saying something that sounds like "Zitugat Zimmarum".

A gentle mist rises up from the ground, solidifying into a cloud of fog-like nature that conceals the party entirely, and of course limits their vision as well.

Softly, Aym whispers in Elven "Look past what your eyes tell you is true, and you will gain advantage over those of lesser intellect".

Avadne waits to cast her spell until the enemy makes a hostile move of some sort. She doesn't like the crouching guards and will most likely target them with the Sleep when the time comes.

Of the entire party, none except Aym can see through a thick, viscous mist that emanates out of the ground in tendrils, obscuring anything else in sight. You may make new Int rolls next round, beat a 19. Amrais can certainly hear scuffling, leather on wood, and from the sound of it, the position of several beings on top of several of the carriages.

Last edited:

Skylark

First Post
Round 2 - Initiative

Okay, Roll 1d10 for Initiative, and give your speculative action. The first wagon is 50' away, so unless you want to do something like run flat out, you won't reach it by walking this round. You also cannot see anything either, so include an Int check versus DC 19 to see if you start the round able to see through the illusion. As long as you are within the illusion, you have full cover, -10 penalty to hit you. The two bandits and leader are about 80' away, and last you saw, probably two more moving up from perhaps 100' away, down the wagon line.

Initiative for Bandits Round 2 (1d10=8) Bandits are calling for archers to fire.

Wait for all initiative to be rolled, then let's post in initiative order please! It may slow things down by a bit, but it is a bit more like sitting around the table.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads