• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Cache problem...Mac Users only?

Quartermoon

First Post
You know, the one where you arrive at the messageboards only to be greeted by the old pages you were looking at yesterday (or the day before, etc.), instead of actual current pages, and even forcing a reload doesn't work. All you can do is empty your cache before you visit, every time you visit...

It's happening to me again...anybody else?
:/

Last edited:

Nikchick

Explorer
Quartermoon said:
Netscape 6.1

I'm having this problem again too. I've jury-rigged a solution by going into my control panel and switching back and forth from using cookies to not using cookies. That seems to jump me back into the "present" of the boards 6 out of 10 times.

Anyway, I too could use a permanent solution to this problem! I'm using IE, but on a Mac, so the instructions for forced-refresh don't work for me. Anyone have any hints?

Much appreciated,
Nicole

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
This is a bit too technical for me (other than the forced refresh option). I'll ask around and see if anyone knows.

No problems for me, so it's related to certain setups for some reason. Goodness knows why, though!

Quartermoon

First Post
I'm using a Mac, too. Hmm. Can't imagine that has anything to do with it, though...no matter WHAT Piratecat thinks.

My "solution" has been to set my disc cache to 0 Kbs...so nothing gets saved anyway. Makes everything load a bit more slowly, but it works out.

Nikchick

Explorer
Sepulchrave II said:

Me, three. Same problem.

You can force a refresh with alt+refresh on a Mac. You'll need to do it with every page, though...

Every page, every time. :(

Well, it's easier than switching my preferences all the time! Thanks for the tip.

Nicole

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
Quartermoon said:
I'm using a Mac, too. Hmm. Can't imagine that has anything to do with it, though...no matter WHAT Piratecat thinks.

Hmm... I don't have the slightest clue about Macs, but I think I recall that TalonComics (who uses a Mac, too) had a similar problem a while ago. *shrug* Could be a coincidence, a conspiracy, or whatever... :p
edit - I'm not sure whether Talon managed to solve this problem, though, so it's quite possible that he didn't find a solution, either.

Last edited:

Quartermoon

First Post
What browser are you folks using? As I said, I'm using Netscape 6...could be something having to do with the Mac version...

Thanks for the Alt tip, btw!!! :)

Remove ads