• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Call of Cthulhu d20 not reprinted?

EvilPheemy

First Post
That news strikes me as odd. I was under the impression that not only was the d20 CoC game critically acclaimed, but it's sales were doing well also.

Darn shame. Call of Cthulhu is a great game, and the d20 treatment proved that Weird Horror trancends game mechanics.

Psion

Adventurer
Well, it probably has more to do with sales than anything else. From what I had heard, d20 CoC was fairly well recieved by those who weren't getting their panties in a bunch about there being a d20 version of their favorite game. Alas, perhaps their campaign of disdain paid off (sigh.)

Brown Jenkin

First Post
I wonder if sales figures are slower since it has been out for months and Chaosium has not released any supplements or modules yet, nor have I heard of any coming any time soon.

Eben

First Post
It's not just sales that let you run reprints. You have to be able to finance it. Companies have to prioritise which products they will run. And with d20 modern coming, that's a tough choice: do you reprint an existing supplement (which will generate sales, but is past the initial hype)or do you go for the launch of something new that fans have been anticipating?

nsruf

First Post
Henrix said:
There's a reprint of an email up on Gamingreport about d20 Cthulhu not being reprinted.
I think that what WotC is really saying is that it won't be reprinted immediately.

That's how I read it, too. There is no reprint on their current schedule, probably for budget reasons, but I would be rather dumb to *never* reprint it (or let Chaosium reprint it). That's like saying "we discontinue this product line".

Remove ads