• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Call of Cthulhu Innsmouth

Twizz Stonefist

First Post
Looking for info on Innsmouth. If I don't find anything I guess i'll write my own. Main concept is all the players are mobster types trying to rob Captain Obed Marsh. Any thing you can point me to for ideas. Or maybe a module to convert to D20? I want to run this as a demo. So pregen charaters would be awesome too.

Zoombaba

First Post
Obviously you need to grab some Call of Cthulhu scenario books with Deep Ones. The main is called Escape from Innsmouth, and is a great book. It includes the raid on Innsmouth that Lovecraft alludes to in Shadow over Innsmouth.

I'm not sure, but I think the last version had D20 stats. So there you go.

ShadowDenizen

Explorer
Yeah, there's material on Innsmouth scattered all through many of the CoC rulesbooks; I'll see what I can dig up to point you towards. (And, as mentioned "Escape from Innsmouth" should still be findable, either in bookstores on online.)

Also, if you have an Xbox, I'd HIGHLY recommend the "Dark Corners of the Earth" disc; it's set nearly entirely in Innsmouth, and really suceeds in capturing the feel of HPL. (It's also backwards-compatible with the 360.)

Be warned, it's a LONG, TOUGH game, though, but really rewarding. (And some of the parts could easily be translated to an CoC session.)

And, while not Inssmouht-specific, the modern-day Cthulhu adventure "Nocturnum" (available in D20 or BRP) features a cool scenario where the PC's are battling Deep Ones atop an oil rig. (It's a little OOT, since Dagon himself makes an appearance, but overall, it's VERY cinematic, and cold likely be worked out as a one-shot scenario.)

Last edited:

frankthedm

First Post
ShadowDenizen said:
Also, if you have an Xbox, I'd HIGHLY recommend the "Dark Corners of the Earth" disc; it's set nearly entirely in Innsmouth, and really suceeds in capturing the feel of HPL. (It's also backwards-compatible with the 360.)

Be warned, it's a LONG, TOUGH game, though, but really rewarding. (And some of the parts could easily be translated to an CoC session.)
The game is GREAT of you are a lovecraft fan, BUT it is bug ridden, probably the buggiest game I have ever played on a console.

I'm glad to own it, but fair warning.

ShadowDenizen said:
(And some of the parts could easily be translated to an CoC session.)
Good chunks of the game were taken directly from the "Escape from inssmouth" senario.

Last edited:

frankthedm

First Post
Twizz Stonefist said:
Looking for info on Innsmouth. If I don't find anything I guess i'll write my own. Main concept is all the players are mobster types trying to rob Captain Obed Marsh.
While there were hints Obed himself may had been a
hybrid since Zadok did say "them sharp-readin' eyes like Obed had."
, the person who is running the refinery in the mafia era [1920's] is Captain Obed's grandson.

info? Here...

http://www.dagonbytes.com/thelibrary/lovecraft/theshadowoverinnsmouth.htm

Now if you use minis and you have enough for the senario you are planing, more power to you, but if your miniatures bin does not runneth over with those blasphemous fish-frogs, here is a PNG that might be of help to you.

Last edited:

qstor

Adventurer
There's a few bits in the Delta Green books about the Deep Ones too. Including a bit about a US Navy submarine incident off the coast of New England.

You might ask over on the yog sothoth forums too.

Mike

Remove ads