• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Calling all (Birmingham, AL) Ennies

heapswife

First Post
So, HeapThaumaturgist says there are a ton of us (gamers, off-kilter sorts, misfit appellation of your choice) on this site from the 'Ham. That's awesome. They grow them eclectic down here.

Something you may not know (and if you do, you get a brownie point) is that Birmingham has its very own Roller Derby league. If you don't know what that is (and shame on you if you don't) Flat-track Roller Derby is an extreme sport built to appeal to the [misfit appellation] in all of us. Ten girls in skirts, fishnets and roller skates racing around a tiny track and pushing each other down, out of the way, and - if you're eighteen or older - into your lap.

The Mississippi Roller Girls are coming to Alabama to take on Birmingham's own Tragic City Rollers in the final game of the TCR's 2008 season, the Mississippi Blood Slide!

bloodslide_sm.jpg

Featured once again at Zamora Shrine Temple in Irondale, the November 8th bout teams TCR roller derby action with LifeSouth Community Blood Centers. First 25 donors will receive free entry to the bout, after the first 25 all donors will receive half off admission!

Zamora also features a full bar, concessions, and two levels of seating including the 18 and up "Thrash Zone".

Tickets are $10 online and are $15 AT THE DOOR! Kids 8 and under get in free. Online tickets are on sale NOW!

Afterparty at The Highnote. Derby girl karaoke all nite long!

Show up, scream loud, drink hard and remember to keep some terrain in the back of your car in case a policeman pulls you over.
true story said:
"Have you been drinking?" - Officer
"No Sir. Been building models all night." - Gamer. Officer peeks in the back of the car and then waves our intrepid Birmingham gamers on their way.

Stormborn

Explorer
Oh my.

I have to admit a degree of facination, but I doubt I can make it. Assume my support anyway.

It does, however, make me think of this song by [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pi7NCVErVU8&feature=related"]Jim Croce[/ame].

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads