(Calling all Rat Bastards! It's CRUNCH time!) Adventure ideas on the Lightening Rail

Dr Simon

Explorer
Three random thoughts

First: Do I see Diaglo talking about a 3rd Edition product without slagging it off?? :p

Second: For a Eberron-specific murderer/murder weapon, how about a living spell (Living Slay Living?). Is there an existing spell/item/ability that allows a person to take control of a living spell? If not, there ought to be. Make it sort of Sleepy Hollowesque scenario where the monster is not really the bad guy, but in the control of the bad guy.

Third: I love the Call of Cthulhu adventure Horror on the Orient Express, and I wish I hadn't sold it (or that I'd sold it on Ebay...). I don't know how much you could port across, but the Brotherhood of the Flesh would make good Eberron baddies. The episodes with the vampire stalking characters on a moving train at night would be good (he can climb around on the outside), as would the part where the train itself is possessed by Nyarlathotep (the cover picture). I'm not sure what you could do with that, but it might be a funky setting. Use a Daelkyr or Quori to make it Eberron-y.

Remove ads