• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Calling Guilt Puppy, Jemal, Buzzard and Victim: 4 vs. The Dragon

Janos Audron

Explorer
Wippid Guud, this one's off limits for you.

Please submit your characters here.

Rules:

Core Books and splat books.

28 Point Buy
760,000 GP
190,000 XP

'1 level leadership', i.e. no cohorts with leadership.

ECL races may be used, using

these rules.

Please ask any other questions you might have.

Last edited:

Victim

First Post
Can we move items to different spaces, or combine effects with the 2x cost for the additional properties?

Anyway, I was thinking of something like character below. I was also considering switching out 2 levels of cleric for some Paladin levels, but that would require changes in stats and items. Although the fear immunity and bonus to saves would be nice. Also, normally the physical stats would have some buffs.

Human Cleric 20

STR 12
DEX 8
CON 14
INT 10
WIS 28 (34)
CHA 8

Imp Initiative, Spell Penetration, Great Fortitude, Extend Spell, Iron Will, Empower Spell, Peristent Spell, ? (Lightning Reflexes, Leadership)

Concentration 23
Spellcraft 23
Scry 13
Religion 5
Arcana 5

Domains: Sun and Strength

Toys:

Tome of Understanding +5, used, 137.5k
Periapt of Wisdom +6 36
Incense of Meditation, 4.9k
Candle of Invocation, 7.8
Cloak of Resistance +5 25
Stone of good luck 10
Lens of True Sight 75
Heward's Handy Haversack 2
Helm of Teleportation 49
2 Vibrant purple ioun stones 24
3 wands of CLW 2.25
+3 Adamantine (+2) Holy Mace 59
+1 Adamantine (+3) Full Plate of Total Fortification 46
2 Gloves of Storing 4.4
Ring of Spell Turning 150
+3 Adamantine (+1) Lg shield 11
Ring of Karma 5
Robe of Karma 5
Belt of Toughness +4 natural armor
4 potions of Heroism 3.6
Vest of Adaption 19

About 50k worth of scrolls

756.6k spent

Ring - Spell Turning
Ring - Karma
Boots -
Belt -
Armor - +1 Adamantine (+3) Full Plate of Total Fortification
Bracers -
Vest - Adaption
Robe - Karma
Amulet - +6 Wis
Cloak - +5 resistance
Eye lenses - Lens of True Seeing
Helm - Teleportation
Gloves - Storing for each hand

Last edited:

Guilt Puppy

First Post
Eh? Heh, didn't mean to sign up for this one (was just posting a rhetorical "how to kill a dragon," forgot which forum we were in :) ), but I suppose I can handle a one-shot.

Will have either a Sorceror, a Paladin, or a Ranger set up shortly :)

Janos Audron

Explorer
Buzzard: Splat Books are allowed. Updated the books.

Victim: You can move effects around, and the additional properties are at 100% of their cost.

Last edited:

Jemal

Adventurer
100% of their cost? DO you mean that you can add abilities just for their normal cost(100%), or that they cost PLUS 100%?

IE: Ring of Protection+5 and Wizardry II:
Would it cost
A) 50,000 +40,000=90,000 OR
B) 50,000+40,000X2=130,000

buzzard

First Post
How many HPs do we get?

Also as an aside, who would ever make a cleric with an 8 charisma? They do have to turn things after all. Let's not try to be too obvious that we're min-maxing dragon killers here.

buzzard

Victim

First Post
I would. I've used a similar stat arrangement (except rolled on dice with everyone else having better luck) in a character I played for a while. When facing undead, I packed a few searing lights and usually used conventional tactics - I think I only turned some Shadows that liked attacking through obstactles. By the time we fought them, the turn roll would be automatic. Also, the occasional Eagle's Splendor gave a boost to turning in undead heavy situations. Having the Sun domain also makes repeated turning attempts less necessary. Instead of chasing away undead for a few minutes, only to have them return, blast away with Greater Turning. There only a few instances in which I could have used better turning ability, and I used my spells (WIS), HP (CON), melee ability (STR), and armor (STR) all the time. Even my skills were used more often than turning. Turn Undead is only an overall useful ability if you have divine feats and I don't have Defenders of the Faith. I don't feel the need to trade off overall effectiveness for the ability to take out a very limited class of enemies that can be dealt with normally.

I'll be revising my character soon to include splatbook stuff. I don't have DotF though. I thought that Bear's Heart and Slimewave looked interesting from the spell summary I have. Persistent Spell, here I come. :)

Jemal

Adventurer
OK, just a quick munchkin question...
I highly doubt It'll be allowed, and even if it is I highly doubt I'ld do it b/c this seems to be a 'good' party.
BUT picture this for a munchkin game where evil doesn't really matter :
LVL 20 cleric with a lvl 19 Cohort.
Cleric & Cohort make deal.
Cohort dies.
Cleric casts create greater undead on the dead cohort to bring him back as a vampire. Then said vampire drains + turns cleric.
Then cleric & vampire turn rest of party, 1 at a time.

Effectively, in the course of 1 night the cleric and his cohort(And the rest of the party soon after) have gained +10 ECL for a matter of 950GP worth of Gems, and some pain.

In other news I'm still working on my ACTUAL character.

Remove ads