• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Campaign: guildmaster, please help

yeturs

First Post
OK so this is a campaign by me, taking my players (a group of 4) from 1st to 30th level... hopefully

first off, if your one of said players, stop reading or i will end you :p

now i would like some honest feedback on the start of my epic. it will be divided into 3 chucks, each with a world rocking event before the next tier. right now, the world is at war with three guilds.

this story arc draws heavily from many RPG related subjects, like warcraft, unforgotten realms, and final fantasy. please tell me how this thing is (its only first to almost second level now).

feel free to use this BTW, and i don't know any of the legal stuff, so just don't sell it, call it yours, etc. also, tell me if my post is wrong please, i am really new at this.

Attachments

• Guildmaster level 1-2.pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 87

yeturs

First Post
come on guys, i really need help. am i going in the right direction? are my encounters to hard? to easy? any feedback at all, even "yeturs sucks" would be appreciated. thanks

Ebonyr

First Post
I read your PDF and I have a few points to make:

1. I like the "Guilds" idea in your Points of Light world. I think you should create a "bad guy" hierarchy behind each adventure so when the PC's get to level 30 they will meet the Supreme Guilds master and battle him/her to the death.

So if they have to go to the rats cave, why? Is there a secret lab the one of the low ranking guilds man has created for his master?

It's the plot that helps you move along the story. Of course, the PC's dont know this, but they'll eventually start piecing the pieces together.

Sooner or later the PC's will be on the Guilds radar and make become a target of kidnapping, assassination or even recruitment.

I hope this helps. ;)

yeturs

First Post
My main idea was that the just came from a adventurers school right? so they lack the notoriety that the typical heroic character has, so they need to do busywork for whatever influential person they can (in this case, the town mayor).

after about three levels, when the PCs have built up a relationship with the NPCs in the town, i am going to destroy it in a skirmish between the two main guilds (the non guild master ones) and have them narrowly escape with the guild masters help.

ever seen the old movie the shadow? this is loosely based on that :p its really i saved you, now i own you get to work. the guild masters a cool guy tho, and at paragon teir a huge dragon swarm will destroy most of the natural and civilized world (the PCs escaping into the air on an airship, again with the guildmaster)

at epic tier, the undead will take over, eventually leading to two climactic fights with orcus, and then vecna.

this needs fleshing out, i know, but its a work in progress :D

thank you for your input, and it is greatly appreciated

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads