• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Campaign Ideas/Plots - Need inspiration

weem

First Post
Eladrin Cheerleader? Paladin, duh!

I could see the cheerleader as a Warlord, instructing people telling them what to do, "Gimme an 'A', gimme a 'B', gimme a flanking rogue and a caster at range hitting the big one!"

:p

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
That, too, would work.

If I were in that campaign, I'd probably go for a Dragonborn Football Player (Fighter).

Hmmm...just had a mental crossover of this with Heathers: "I love my undead gay son!"

Kestrel

Explorer
This is the quote that I was using for inspiration:

"This is our year, I'm telling you. Best football season ever. I'm so in shape, I'm a rock. It's all about egg whites. If we can focus, keep discipline, and not have quite as many mysterious deaths, Sunnydale is gonna *rule!* "

I was going to convert the Dungeon Adventure, Last Breaths of Ashenport, to a beach field trip gone wrong, but my current DM started running it last night.

steamsorceror

First Post
Ur-Priests

Ur-Priests are an order of priests that distain gods and steal divine energy (the prestige class can be found in Complete Divine) they find a way to actualy kill the gods (through some sort of artifact that strips them of their divine power) and the party must find a way to stop them and destory said artifact.
Or They actualy manage to kill a god and the party must take the remains to some sacred sight to resurect it but find that an Ur-priest plans to steal the body and destroy it

DEMONS/ Devils - a host of lesser demons/Devils led by one of the Lords of the Abyss or one of the nine Devil Lords take control of a castle and the party must banish them back to wence they came

CELESTIALS- If the part is evil a group of celestial beings take charge of a group of adventurers and crusade across the land destroying evil where they find it now they are barking at your door

CuRoi

First Post
D&D campaigns that I've done or wanted to do:

4. The PCs are the agents of some powerful villain, sent on a quest to gain new evil allies (PCs get to play badguys! Yay!). For a twist, have them wake up with amnesia, and believe they are good guys, only to find out all the evil that they've done...

I had a very similar idea which I have yet to try. Details were about the same except the amneisa was induced by being killed - the party all "wakes up" as ghosts at the site of the big battle and they have to piece together who they are and what happened. Challenging to wrangle a bunch of Ehtereal PCs but seemed liek it could be fun.

My last campaign was a world being torn asunder. The PCs were in a hobgoblin occupied city and a great cataclysm had begun which was essentially dissolving the bonds between the Elemental / Transitive and Material Planes. Firestorms, Earthquakes, Floods etc. were all common and accompanied by quasi-Elemental forces which were partitioning the world and reclaiming that which had been "stolen".

Areas of pure Ethereal chaos existed with ghosts roaming around large swaths of land and other bizarre hazards. Sort of a fantasy apocalypse scenario. The hobgoblin rulers in the starting city were merciless, but employed "Storm Warders" - specialized Djinn and Druids that had been placed into servitude and would travel the elemental planes to bring advance warning of impending elemental storms. This way they maintained loyalty of the people...well and the draconian law helped a bit too :angel:

Campaign sort of fell apart though *sniff*.

steamsorceror

First Post
My roommates and I once played an evil campaign i was a skitsofrenic Paladin of Freedom / Paladin of Tyrany which added alot of contaversy to the group seeing as i would snap out of evil right in the mddle of battle to find myself slashing down on a helpless child then I would have to make a control check to revert back to the evil side and if i do say so myself nothing is funnier than a good character who unknowingly shifts back from dreaded tyrant to a freedom loving knight in shining armor in the middle of his own courtroom dual natured characters make games more fun but somewhat ruin deep plot lines unless handed carefuly and they make especialy great villians (no hero worth his salt wants to kill someone who they believe can be saved) and finding a way to strip the evil from the Tyranical King in order to stop a war that will consume the world is a great adventure in itself (btw. i my paladin went on to rule a kingdom of exiled necromancers who raised and army of skeletons, zombies and other undead to wage a war with the nation of the sun, pelor worshipers, which prompted everyone to create good characters to combat my forces which led us to the recreation of the world in the Image of the Tyrant-Lich Lord Von Ulrich the XIV:devil:)

hopeless

Adventurer
Hmm...

1/ Do you have an interesting campaign idea(s)?

Alternate earth, this one has access to both what you'd call "Real Earth" and other worlds including some depicted in legends as "Heaven" and "Hell".

2/ How would you sum up the idea of your current campaign?

People from "Real Earth" end up in this world and seek a way home unaware that its being invaded by various forces including their own world whose foolish antics threaten to destroy not only this world but their own!

3/ Do you know of any resources I could look to for inspiration?

Pretty much anything even something not considered fantasy can be adapted, for example use the Titanic as a basis for how they travel to the new world, it doesn't matter its a passenger liner that as far as their own world is concerned capsized and sank during a storm. In the new world its a fantasic and unearthly artefact carrying an equally strange crew and passengers into a world where sailing ships have sails and motorized ships are unheard of save in legends of a far Western shore where they're depicted as warships of truly staggering power...

4. What Genre and scope are you thinking about running?

I like mixing things, when I ran Sundered Isles in Savage Worlds I used Lost to introduce the players to the setting and threw in that the dead would never rest since they were trapped within the Isles.

5. At what power level do you see the PCs at the start and at the end?

Initially neophytes and work from there.

Remove ads