• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Campaign Thoughts & Feedback

Macbeth

First Post
My top 5:
5. Mike's character getting knocked out by the pig, only to have Chaka give him an animated tatoo on the back of his head of the pig knocking him out.

4. The chase scene into Delve.

3. Meta-game-ish, but the hover-deer conversation.

2. Li refusing to surender and face trial, insisting that he face justice where he stood.

1. Li kicking the bucket. Great character death, he went out in the best possible way: trying to save his friend. (Ifonly I had rememberd to heal that abaility damage...)

BSF

Explorer
FelixtheWanderer said:
This one happened in my current campaign with my roommates. My character is a rogue named Edgar and he travels with Loss, a psion.

We were both 6th level when we went to vist a halfling encampment and a halfling pulled out a deck of many things.

After a few draws from each of us, only minor things had happened not much to affect the game.

We both decided to take one more draw from the deck of many things, which for those who aren't aware could be very profitable or could just impison you on the spot.

Edgars draw: King of diamonds, the best card in the deck, I gained 50,000 experience and a minor wondrous item (elephant figurine)

Loss' draw: Also a king of diamonds, also gained 50,000 exp and got an iouen stone.

This made our dm angry, the whole campaign had to be changed.

I have so many times thought about giving you guys a Deck of Many things. I even have a prop deck. I'm not sure what the current incaranation of D&D has for the mechanics. But I always ran it the same way as an old Dragon article.
Each person declares how many cards they are drawing
Then you begin drawing in order
Once everyone has drawn all their cards, the deck disappears.

I don't worry so much about the good stuff, but the bad stuff is harder to integrate into the game at times. Perhaps we will see though. :)

Remove ads