• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Campaign Worlds Input

Xaelvaen

Stuck in the 90s
Hello everyone at EN World - I'm looking for some interesting Campaign Worlds to read about and perhaps DM in for my RPG groups. I have no preference of genre, though I'd prefer either system agnostic settings, or settings that can be easily adapted to narrative-based gaming. Again, I'm only looking for the story of the world, the flavor it brings, and its original concepts. Free or Paid doesn't matter, just looking to get as large of a collection as possible.

I'm interested in your favorites with any sort of insight or input you have. Links to reviews you've already done, or just the product are fine - I'm not asking anyone to go out of their way, just share your opinions and tastes with me, if it's not too much hassle.

Of course, a list of the classics I've already played to start if off:
  • Darksun
  • Dragonlance
  • Eberron
  • Faerun
  • Ferelden (Dragon Age)
  • Greyhawk
  • Numenera
  • Planescape
  • Shadowrun
  • Solomon Kane
  • World of Darkness (Mage the Awakening as well)

Aldis is the world of the Blue Rose game, and it's basically like playing in the Heralds of Valdemar series by Mercedes Lackey. It's available in both AGE and d20 versions.

I've heard good things about the setting of The Secret of Zir'an, which is more of a modern day fantasy world with airplanes and magic. The system is pretty crunchy, but you could just take the setting and run with it.

Last edited:

Xaelvaen

Stuck in the 90s
@Dannyalcatraz: I definitely like some of the 'taglines' from your campaign nutshell post, especially Scourge of the Burning Sky - Thanks!

@Saelorn: I've briefly perused the Blue Rose hardback - a friend of mine had it ages ago, but never got to the meat of it. Now that you've reminded me of it, quite a good time to read deeper. Will definitely look at Zir'an as well - we did a Homebrew FFVII-like world a few years back, and that sounds right up our alley - thank you!

Last edited:

Remove ads