• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Campaigns in a box (a la SCAP)

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
*is glad to see he's not the only big setting pimp around here* And I also highly recommend the Age of Mortals saga. It's a good saga, even if I got confused by the ending of Price. Even so, it's a great saga and good set of modules.

Maps are especially well done.

Cam Banks

Adventurer
Nightfall said:
*is glad to see he's not the only big setting pimp around here* And I also highly recommend the Age of Mortals saga. It's a good saga, even if I got confused by the ending of Price. Even so, it's a great saga and good set of modules.

Maps are especially well done.

The same cartographer is now hard at work on the War of the Burning Sky, which you may have heard a little about...

And of course I'm a setting pimp. I write this stuff for a living. :)

Cheers,
Cam

Nightfall

Joe,

No but the latter DOES offer a couple ideas to make adventure paths using DCC modules.

Cam,

I never doubted your love or pimpage for Dragonlance. I just merely noticing its increased fervor is all.

And yes I heard about the War thingie.

Yair

Community Supporter
While it isn't actually completed yet, the War of the Burning Sky by ENPublishing looks interesting. Assuming you don't speed through it faster than it takes them to put it out, it should be a viable option.

Edit: Do'h, beaten to it...

rowport

First Post
Another vote for Age of Worms

Paul-

If your group enjoyed the style and tone of Cauldron, then I think you will really like Age of Worms. Both have a bit of gonzo-style to the NPCs, with lots of bits that hearken back to past editions for the nostalgia factor. I liked AoW better (from what I played-- I am only in the first half so far) as it feels grittier and more ambitious. Presuming that you like to GM the type of characters that you like to write about, you will personally enjoy that the dark NPCs are *REALLY DARK*. Without going into spolier territory, I would guess that you would run Balabar Smenk in a way to make your players really and truly loathe the thought of him.

For other options, if you want to try a 'short' adventure path rather than 1-20, you could grab one of WOTC's new expedition series adventure modules. I am running Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (levels 5-9) and it is really excellent. As with Age of Worms, there is lots and lots of character, plot, and environment bits that you could play with effectively with your gift with language.

JoeGKushner

First Post
Nightfall said:
Joe,

No but the latter DOES offer a couple ideas to make adventure paths using DCC modules.

Assuming you then OWN those DCC modules then, that's okay but it's certainly not a campaign in a box.

Nightfall

Joe,

Well I never said it was. I just merely pointed out that with that accessory, it can help to make it so.

*is glad to have some AoW supporters here too*

I wouldn't advise that you look into the DCC series if you don't want dungeon crawls. Since they are called Dungeon Crawl Classics I think it implies that they might have some dungeon crawling in them!

Olaf the Stout

Remove ads