Campaigns in a nutshell. Adventures in a sentence.

Friend Computer - A regular Paranoia campaign but using lots of AI assistance. NovelAI and/or GPT co-DMs and in particular is used to generate most of Friend Computer's dialogue. One of those voice synth AIs is used for NPC voices. Important scenes are animated by Runway Gen2 and less important scenes, charaxters, and areas are illustrated by Artbreeder.

37255331a8688d81ed193e97d84a.jpeg

509896d5e4a58a173bd5c9370510.jpeg

bf3f81bade8f6670841ec1558636.jpeg

The Merlinhattan Project- D&D 3.5e. Various warring factions are developing magical items that grant the various prerequisites for the "locate-city bomb" exploit. It starts to come to a head when somebody tests the lesser version of the build (the one that just deals the one point of cold damage but which still covers the hundreds of miles of area and would reduce many of the more feeble people and animals to the disabled/0HP condition)

Run the Sky- I just chanced across the short story Run the Sky from Strange Stories for Sad People, and it occurred to me that it would make a good premise for an Exalted campaign. Basically the premise of the story is that one of the zodiac constellations suddenly disappears from the sky and everyone born under that sign starts dying Final Destination-style

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Run the Sky- I just chanced across the short story Run the Sky from Strange Stories for Sad People, and it occurred to me that it would make a good premise for an Exalted campaign. Basically the premise of the story is that one of the zodiac constellations suddenly disappears from the sky and everyone born under that sign starts dying Final Destination-style
Yeah, that does have potential!

GwaihirAgain

Explorer
I love that this thread, started in 2004, is still going strong.

Starting a new campaign on Sunday, Sadly not homebrewed, Im not able to pull that off at the moment
Mixing Keys from the Golden Vault with Waterdeep: Dragon Heist. Hoping to segue into next years Vecna adventure,

G

Tattoos An idea popped into my head today for a quest where some kind of issue regarding tattoos (maybe they need a very obscure question answered or service rendered about magical tattoos) necessitates breaking some sort of legendary tattoo wizard out of a prison barge. They only need to reach his cell though. Once they get to him he reveals that he's only letting them keep him there ironically, and they all escape through a working portal tattooed on his cellmate's back. (The idea behind the character is that he fits an abnormally high number of stereotypes of someone into tattoos; prisoner, sailor, and hipster. He should probably be a musician as well (punk rockers have tattoos too) and if it's a modern setting he should also have a motorcycle parked right on the other side of the portal)

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
He should probably be a musician as well (punk rockers have tattoos too) and if it's a modern setting he should also have a motorcycle parked right on the other side of the portal)
In a traditional fantasy setting, an ornate chariot or carriage, drawn by something like dire wolves, hellhounds, elemental elk, etc.

This prompted a memory that I may or may not have had.

I recall there being some kind of made-for-tv movie that was supposed to be about three fantasy words existing simultaneously in the same space, so that anything that happened on one affected the other two. I don't think it made it to air or, if it did, I clearly missed it. Does this ring a bell for anyone?

Spunds vaguely like 10th Kingdom, Frings, and/or Imajica

EDIT:
Also vaguely reminiscent of some aspects of Chronicles of Amber, The Long Earth, and Vision of Escaflowne

Last edited:

The Facebook- Call of Cthulhu adventure in which the leader of the shadowy mythos cult turns out to be Mark Zuckerberg, whose business success has been driven by dark rituals from the Necronomicon and who named his website Facebook in honor of the Necronomicon.
This idea started out as a simple pun but in retrospect it actually fits perfectly with one of the passages from The Whisperer in Darkness:

"...go out among men and find the ways thereof, that He in the Gulf may know. To Nyarlathotep, Mighty Messenger, must all things be told..."

Remove ads