• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Can a Cohort make a Magic Item?

nittanytbone

First Post
He CAN create magic items. Whether he WILL or not is another question.

I would use one of the following solutions:

1) Charge the standard NPC rate of 5 GP per XP spent in item creation.
2) Allow the PC to work with the NPC on the item creation. The PC supplies the XP while the NPC cohort supplies the feats and such. DMG2 has a discussion of such things, I think.

Storme

First Post
nittanytbone said:
He CAN create magic items. Whether he WILL or not is another question.

I would use one of the following solutions:

1) Charge the standard NPC rate of 5 GP per XP spent in item creation.
2) Allow the PC to work with the NPC on the item creation. The PC supplies the XP while the NPC cohort supplies the feats and such. DMG2 has a discussion of such things, I think.

That's a VERY good idea Nitty. If the DM will allow the PC to supply the xp, that would make it better I think, in the eyes of ME (the player responsible for the Cohort...) and the DM (who won't feel the Cohort is an xp cost sponge. The other guys might not like it but they can smooch my narrow butt!

Mystern

First Post
i kinda like my idea of having my thrall from the xph create magic items for me. he automatically shows up as one level lower than me and killing him off doesn't affect my thrallherd leadership score so as soon as he becomes usless i kill him and in just one day i have a new thrall. of course it all depends on how your dm handles choosing class for the cohort/thrall . . .

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads