Can a goblin riding an ogre use Mounted Combat to defend the ogre?

RigaMortus

Explorer
I beleive there was an older Dragon mag that had rules about using other creatures for mounts. The rule was that both the rider and the mount had to have the feat. So your Ogre would need Mounted Combat as well.

kjenks

First Post
John Q. Mayhem said:
Oooh! Ooh! The ogre could throw the goblin at the PCs when it gets hit. A goblin in spiked armor would be best... that would be awesome. I'm going to do that ASAP.

He'd need the Fling Ally feat from Races of Stone.

The spiked armor wouldn't help much.

Kaffis

First Post
John Q. Mayhem said:
Oooh! Ooh! The ogre could throw the goblin at the PCs when it gets hit. A goblin in spiked armor would be best...that would be awesome. I'm going to do that ASAP.

Does the ogre have levels in hulking hurler? Now THAT would be comedic. This is turning into quite the awesome encounter.

I'm not sure about this, but if creatures with DR don't take falling damage than pick a rider to be thrown that won't suffer damage for it. Then have the ogre/giant/whatever carry around a bunch of the creatures, all dressed in spiked armour, and hurl them as ranged weapons! And don't forget to have rope ladders so the creatures can run back and "rearm" the thrower!

Cyberzombie

Explorer
orangefruitbat said:
Just remember, what's good for the goose is good for the gander. Expect so see halfling rogues riding 1/2 orc barbarians in your party...
That wouldn't work. The guidelines for riding a biped is that it has to be *two* sizes larger than you. Bipeds aren't very suited for being mounts.

Hmm. The ogre needing Mounted Combat, too? I could live with that. Consider that included.

gnomebarbarian

First Post
What about the ogre carrying a few blind goblins dosed in oil & wearing armor spikes around, throwing them at PC's, have the goblin grapple the first thing it hits, then have the ogre kill the goblin with a flaming weapon and follow through with a cleave attack that ignites the PC on fire because they got oil on them from the goblin? hehehheeh.

Remove ads