• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Can an enlarged wizard polymorph into a huge creature

When a wizard (size m) enlarges (size l), can he polymorph self into a huge creature? The spell allows you to polymorph into a creature one size category larger than yourself.

The possibilities are endless! *shiver*

moot, you say... ;)

If my wizard was 6 feet tall, enlarged to a maximum of 150%, then he would be 9 feet tall, which is exactly the height of your average troll, which is LARGE.

Just because the spell description does not say that it increases the size category, it doesn't ? Please...

Jeremy

Explorer
Unfortunately, size increase is too much for a first level spell to afford. Reach and any number of other factors (grappling, etc) are beyond the abilities of the spell.

Besides that, only certain creatures would grow enough to reach the heighth requirement, and even fewer will reach the weight requirements.

So in this case, no, enlarge does not affect size category in any instance.

hong

WotC's bitch
Neverwinter Knight said:
moot, you say... ;)

Why, yes. Do I need to repeat myself?

If my wizard was 6 feet tall, enlarged to a maximum of 150%, then he would be 9 feet tall, which is exactly the height of your average troll, which is LARGE.

To go up a size category, you have to have your height actually doubled. Enlarge only increases your height 50%, and so doesn't make the grade.

This has come up six million times before, plus or minus a bit.

Just because the spell description does not say that it increases the size category, it doesn't ? Please...

Saying please won't change things.

Remove ads