• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Can Anyone Help Me Find This Necro-Harem Scenario?

grodog

Hero
Grodog, I completely forgot about Inverness or Al'Akbar. Fantastic suggestions.

Personally, I'm not a fan of Against The Darkness (not really a fan of anything Conan), though. I've never heard of UK6, but I can google and see if I dig the premise. If so, I can try to find a copy for my collection. May do that anyway ;)

It's a pretty good module, and worth digging up I think, in particular if you're looking for good desert setting options. In addition to those above, I remembered a few others too:

• "The Ruins of Andril" (from Dragon #81) - one of my favorite modules ever published by Dragon or Dungeon
  • The Crypt of Ronashim (in Raise the Dead from Necromancer Games)
  • The Shadow (Temple) of Set (in Coils of Set from Necromancer Games)
  • Pyramid of Amra (in Vampires & Liches from Necromancer Games)

I've run Andril a number of times, and it's excellent through-and-through, and I played in all three of the above NG adventures that were linked together into an alternate Prime Material Plane desert-themed campaign (along with a few others, including I3) during 2008 and early 2009. They were great to play through, in particular The Shadow Temple of Set or the Pyramid of Amra (I pinged our DM to clarify which one I'm thinking of in particular).

To clarify though, this isn't a full-blown module I'm looking for. It's in some book of related material (which is why I thought it was the Complete Necromancer Handbook or Wizard's Handbook at first), and it lists a more detailed scenario then what I gave in my first post, along with suggestions about material in the rest of the book (i think--could be just scenario). The description in the book is tame, and I figure it is that way to allow it to be as clean/gory as the gamer wishes.

That definitely helps to clarify, thanks. If you don't have any further luck here, you might try asking the Q over on the Acaeum, in particular if you think that it may have been a 2e or earlier edition adventure. There are also several 3.x collectors, so you may have some luck there too, if it turns out that the Liber Mortis lead is accurate.

khantroll

Explorer
Dug through the Al-Qadim books again with no luck. I know I'm not imaging this, so at this point I think it must be either from some off the wall old book, or one of those small press books that got ruined by a temporary hole in my roof. I'm going to send an e-mail to the Acaeum, and if they have no idea I'll just have to wing it.

Which, really, thanks to this thread, won't be too bad. I think I'll do the following: in the second adventure, "The Assassin Within", they'll meet a young girl. I'm gonna do my best to pull a KODT and get them to give a flip. Fast forward several adventures (including B'Thuvian Demon Whore) and right after Al-akbar they'll great my version of the Porphyry house with a note that the girl in from before has been kidnapped. Replace Demogorgon cultist with Orcus cultists, and transmutted monsters with kidnapped girls/zombies, and it will be a race against time to stop the made cultists and save the girl. Unless the pull a miracle out of the air, they'll fail. I'll give them one last hope: a relic in the City of Bones that can raise the dead even if they are still walking around. They then have to take the zombie girl (maybe two if they take another hook regarding Aaron from Prophyry House) into the City of Bones.

Anyone care to comment on this plan?

Grodog, I've got Dragon 81, so I'll take a look at it. I don't have any idea about the ones from NG, but if I can grab them or find friends with them I'll give them a look as well.

grodog

Hero
I'm going to send an e-mail to the Acaeum, and if they have no idea I'll just have to wing it.

I'd just post in the Non-TSR Forum @ Collecting General - Non TSR

Anyone care to comment on this plan?

This sounds very reasonable to me, and is a process I've had to go through myself, since I've still never been able to locate a copy of "Treasure of the Dragon Queen"---making it up yourself can only improve upon the original :D

Grodog, I've got Dragon 81, so I'll take a look at it. I don't have any idea about the ones from NG, but if I can grab them or find friends with them I'll give them a look as well.

I can't promise that you won't have to change/tweak the NG adventures since I only played them and haven't run them, but they were certainly excellent IME :D

Wycen

Explorer
Does anyone have a copy of a book called "Librum Mortis"? If any one does, would they mind checking it for me?

WoTC has a book called Libris Mortis, but you said it wasn't a WoTC book. You did trigger my memory on an old 3rd party suppliment called Necromancer's Legacy - Gar'Udok's Necromantic Artes by ENWorld Publishing, but the only thing I found that was close was the flavor text for the spell Zombie Cohort talking about a necro-general bringing his concubine with him.

Then I realized that necromancy is and was so popular back in the 3rd party era days that we could probably search dozens of products and never find it. Secret College of Necromancy? Mongoose Publishing books? AEG Death, Evil, another word? The more people that read this the more likely somebody will know the source.

khantroll

Explorer
Yeah, I know the titles are confusing. I was going to say that this "Librum Mortis" was by Jason Parent, the same guy who did Necromancer's Legacy, but according to the Pen and Paper database that is not the case. It was a little book, on par in terms of size with the original 3E splat books. I don't remember if I liked it because it was really good or if I liked it because it was one of the first small press /3rd party books out for D&D (like Beyond Monks).

I'm pretty sure that it wasn't Mongoose. Their Encyclopaedia Arcane series was one of my favorites, and I still use them in any 3E games I run. You're right though about the shear number of possible books. Rather daunting.

Checked out Andril in DR 81. Took time to find it though. I was starting to think I had screwed up and didn't have every dragon magazine in my collection. I finally did find it mixed in with the up 100s for some reason. I think it could be good to use, especially because I am sure that by the time they get there at 11th level they'll be tired of undead ;)

Last edited:

khantroll

Explorer
Sadly, no. I have not given up yet, but I've had to slow down my frenzied search due to working longer hours lately.

I checked AEG...no dice. I have not posted at the Acaeum yet, but hopefully I will today. Also, when i get home I'll go ahead and check the Encyclopaedia Arcane. I don't think it is in there, but it can't hurt to look.

khantroll

Explorer
Just an update. Check the encyclopaedia. No dice. Posted on the Acaeum, no luck. It must be in Librum Mortis, or one of the other small books that got destroyed. Most of them dealt with magic because I played wizards and helped playtest several of them (how I got some of them). As such, it could have been in several of them. I'll try to put together a list of them, and post it here to see if some one else has them.

Deepfire

First Post
What about Necromancer Games' City of Brass
or
Scarred Lands' Hollowfaust, City of Necromancers?

Both might fit to your description - I paged through brass this morning but found nothing, I will also take a look into hollowfaust. Do you know them?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads