• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Can anyone PLEASE help me make a monster?

wildoxmoan

First Post
I'm running my campaign this Friday and am in need of some help creating a monster. It's based on the Unrisen monster (pg 186 Open Grave) but instead of one of their examples this Unrisen would be based on a 4th level halfling rogue. Can anyone walk me through the steps from the DMG pg 184 and advise on what this type of Unrisen would look like statistically?
Thanks!!

DanmarLOK

First Post
Not at my books but look at the back of the MM and find the appropriate type (brute, solderi etc) 4th level creature. That will give you the basic stats (HP, stats, defenses). Now copy the powers of the unrisen over to it as you need. Then adjust the damage of the powers to match typical 4th level creatures.

Rechan

Adventurer
Take a look at the Halfling section of the MM. The levels I believe are 1st level Artillery, 2nd level Minion, 2nd level Skirmisher, and 6th level Lurker.

See if one of those suits your needs, is similar enough.

Then, just adjust them based on level (as the above poster points out by looking at 4th level monsters), and add the Unrisen powers.

Mesh Hong

First Post
From what I can tell the creature wouldn't actually change that much, unless you were making it a special encounter or an elite.

So I have pretty much just made it undead and changed its sneak attack to make it more powerful. Really I think most of the work in this one is just describing it as a filthy corrupted halfling that is a merciless killer...or what ever you have in mind.

Unrisen Halfling Rogue Level 4 Skirmisher
Small Natural Animate (undead) XP 175

Initiative +8 Senses Perception +2
HP 54; Bloodied 27
AC 18; Fortitude 16, Reflex 17, Will 15
Immune disease, poison;
Resist 10 necrotic; Vulnerable 5 radiant
Speed 6, climb 4

:bmelee: Dagger Slash (Standard; at-will)
Attack +9 vs. AC; 1d4+4 damage

:ranged: Dagger Toss (Standard; at-will)
Range 5/10; attack +9 vs. AC; 1d4+4 damage

:melee: Mobile Dagger Slash (Standard; at-will)
Halfling may move up to 3 squares and make 1 Dagger Slash attack at any point; moving away from the target does not provoke opportunity attacks

Filthy Blade
If the Halfling has combat advantage it deals an additional 1d6 necrotic damage and target is weakened (save ends)

Nimble Reactions
Halfling gains a +2 bonus to AC vs. opportunity attacks

Second Chance (Immediate Interrupt; encounter)
When hit by an attack Halfling may force the attacker to reroll the attack dice and keep the new result

Alignment Evil Languages common
Skills Acrobatics +11, Stealth +11, Streetwise +8, Thievery +11
Str 14 (+4) Dex 18 (+6) Wis 10 (+2)
Con 14 (+4) Int 15 (+4) Cha 12 (+3)
Equipment daggers

wildoxmoan

First Post
That is awesome Mesh Hong very close to what I came up with except I used Death's Breath on my version though I like the Filthy Blade power!

Remove ads