• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Can creature immune to poison, suffer form the nauseated effect?

dvvega

Explorer
Of course they can. Nauseated does not mean they are poisoned, just nauseated. The condition doesn't state they have to be poisoned to become nauseated.

Just think of seeing a decomposing body with its smell. You can be nauseated from that without every ingesting or being injected with poison.

Sunglar

Explorer
That was my original idea, but wanted an outside opinion to get the argument settled (don’t worry it’s not in game, just two buddies talking, and you made my argument for me thanks!)

Ok follow up, my losing friend here besides me asks, is there any way to become immune to the nauseated condition?

dvvega

Explorer
A wish spell?

Um a contingency that removes the condition (if there is a spell that does it).

You could make a magic item that counters nausea.

In a Fantasy World you can do anything to counter act it but it's DM dependent.

Of course you could go through every single situation that makes you nauseous in the game and make yourself immune to it all.

But off the top of my head I do not know of a way. In my campaign there is the ability to transfer a condition to a familiar (specific prestige class) but that's about it.

Caliban

Rules Monkey
Sunglar said:
That was my original idea, but wanted an outside opinion to get the argument settled (don’t worry it’s not in game, just two buddies talking, and you made my argument for me thanks!)

Ok follow up, my losing friend here besides me asks, is there any way to become immune to the nauseated condition?
Become and undead or construct.

Sunglar

Explorer
dvvega, shilsen, Caliban, thank you all for you replies… I’ll be thinking of all of you next Social Friday at happy hour. I told my friend; don’t bet against the DM, even when away form the table, but he never listens.

His character may end up undead anyway… But I digress. Thank you all have a great Sunday.

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
Caliban said:
Become and undead or construct.

Only if the effect grants a Fort save.

• Immunity to all mind-affecting effects (charms, compulsions, phantasms, patterns, and morale effects).
  • Immunity to poison, sleep effects, paralysis, stunning, disease, and death effects.
  • Not subject to critical hits, nonlethal damage, ability drain, or energy drain. Immune to damage to its physical ability scores (Strength, Dexterity, and Constitution), as well as to fatigue and exhaustion effects.
  • Immunity to any effect that requires a Fortitude save (unless the effect also works on objects or is harmless).

If the Nauseated condition is caused by something they're immune to or not subject to, no problem.

But if it's a spell that simply says "You're nauseated, no save", that isn't a poison, disease, or mind-affecting effect... they're not immune.

-Hyp.

Last edited:

Caliban

Rules Monkey
Hypersmurf said:
Only if the effect grants a Fort save.
  • Immunity to all mind-affecting effects (charms, compulsions, phantasms, patterns, and morale effects).
  • Immunity to poison, sleep effects, paralysis, stunning, disease, and death effects.
  • Not subject to critical hits, nonlethal damage, ability drain, or energy drain. Immune to damage to its physical ability scores (Strength, Dexterity, and Constitution), as well as to fatigue and exhaustion effects.
  • Immunity to any effect that requires a Fortitude save (unless the effect also works on objects or is harmless).
If the Nauseated condition is caused by something they're immune to or not subject to, no problem.

But if it's a spell that simply says "You're nauseated, no save", that isn't a poison, disease, or mind-affecting effect... they're not immune.

-Hyp.
Seriously though, being nauseated would seem to require a living metabolism. You can ignore common sense if you want.

Last edited:

Lord Pendragon

First Post
Caliban said:
Serioiusly though, being nauseated would seem to require a living metabolism. You can ignore common sense if you want.
Sometimes the rules forum is all about ignoring common sense. I'd think a Rules Monkey would know that. :p

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads