Can HALO and Cowboy Bebop exist in the same setting?

mattcolville

Adventurer
I just played through HALO in co-op mode yesterday and am currently watching Cowboy Bebop on DVD for the 50th time.

Presuming you're familiar with these two settings, is there any contradiction in having them both exist in the same Sci-Fi setting? I'm currently of a mind that a Sci-Fi RPG that didn't handle these two types of stories, and levels of storytelling, wouldn't be worth much to me, since they're the two sci-fi Universes I find most interesting and most playable. I was wondering what everyone else though.

...like an old dream. But I can't quite remember...

See You Space Cowboy!

Grim

First Post
Sure. Why not? They are both in space. They both have spaceships... Just say that the people in HALO are working for a particular government in a particular solar system, and that the gate to it is not traveled through much...

Creamsteak

Explorer
Halo is the greatest game for X box, and Cowboy Bebop is on my television right now... but it is true that both have the Earth, and not very similar ones.

Read the book about HALO, called the Fall of Reach, and it should give you a better idea of how to play them together. Reech was the military headpoint of the human race till right before the battle at HALO. Before HALO reech was attacked by 300 covenant ships. Reech destroyed 75% of that fleet before the generators for their super huge orbital guns were destroyed. Its a good book to read up on to get an idea about the history of the game, but it isn't really a "good book."

Angelsboi

First Post
Ive never played HALO and only got to Jupiter Jazz pt 1

so what about ...

In the episode witht he little boy, it explains abut the gate on the moon exploding. What if HALO caused that? and they now seek another area?

As i said i havent played HALO so tell me to screw off if yu dont like it =)

Attachments

• en5ider 270.JPG
    en5ider 270.JPG
    112.4 KB · Views: 20,487

Volaran

First Post
Hmmm, I haven't played HALO, but I believe that space travel is limited to our own solar system in Bebop, but spead up by the gates.

If HALO features inter-system travel, you may want to adjust, but I don't think it would be difficult.

mattcolville

Adventurer
Kesh said:

Edward's a girl. ;)

And Ein is my favorite character. Woof!

Ah, I think Angelsboi is talking about the episode with the 'kid' who was granted immortality by the radiation of the gate explosion. Not Ed.

Re: Fall of Reach. I have the novel and started it yesterday. So far, I'm not digging it. It's too much like Ender's Game told from the recruiters standpoint. But I'm only about 20 pages into it. I hear good things about it, though, so I'll press on.

Creamsteak

Explorer
Like I said, the book contains a large amount of interesting information, but it isn't in any way a good book for the sake of the story.

Remove ads