• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Can I even talk about this here? *Furtive eyes*

Rakor

First Post
Hello all,

My group is going to be doing a halloween one shot and the storyteller decided to go with the H:tV quickstart. We have six players though so I have to make a character.

I was looking over the quickstart characters trying to avoid excessive overlap in concept.

Thing is all of the quickstart characters have some weird experience.

Raimundo, 2-4 (Merits), 3-9 (Phys), 6-15 (Soc): 11-29, Lost 2 Morality?
Gabreski, 4-6 (Merits), 3-9 (Men): 7-15, Lost 2 Morality?
Andrea, 3-9 (Phys): 3-9,
Karl, 2-4 (Merits), 6-15 (Soc), 3-9 (Phys): 11-28, Lost 2 Morality
Jack, 3-9 (Phys): 3-9,

The XP ranges are because there's no way to tell whether the XP was spent on the one dot skills or adding a third dot to skills.

Raimundo, Gabreski and Karl can all get 10 extra XP for losing two morality but I have no idea where Andrea and Jack get their extra skill points. Raimundo and Karl both get more then 10 extra XP.

Finally, there is an option for starting more advanced character by giving them 25 XP but Raimundo is the only one who has 25.

Were they all given 3 extra XP for no reason? Am I missing something in character generation? Were they just not very strict? Does anyone know?

It's not a big deal but it is bugging me that I can't account for everything.

Link to quickstart: White Wolf Downloads

P.S. Sorry in advance if we aren't supposed to talk about Blank: The Blankety games here.

Crothian

First Post
White Wolf is welcome here.

First I would look for errata. I have no idea if WW does errata for the free stuff, but maybe you'll get lucky. Are you using the rules from Hunter to determine the characters are off a little in the quickstart? It could be that there were some tweaks to the rules between the publishing of the quickstart and the final version of Hunter they went with.

Fallen Seraph

First Post
It could be that they simply aren't "beginning" characters. They have already had some experience points gathered. What are the backgrounds for those characters, do they already have some experience hunting by then in the quickstart?

Rakor

First Post
There's no errata for Hunter, I'm 99% certain that I got the character creation right, I double checked the Hunter template.

My guess is that they all have some bonus XP it just bugs me that it doesn't seem to be a set number. It violates my sense of order, as an added bonus annoyance there is no way the gained XP is equal to the suggested "Survived First Contact" which is the first tier in their "Play a slightly more experienced hunter" table.

Remove ads