D&D 5E Can I salvage my gun-wielding warlock?

Hi there,

It all started from a tongue in cheek oneshot that evolved into a fully fledged campaign. I'm playing an 11th level Eladrin Artificer 2/Pact of the Chain Hexblade Warlock 3/Fey Wanderer Ranger 5
My invocations are Investment of the Chain Master and Devil's Sight and my go-to infusions are Mind Sharpener and Repeating Shot. I have a sprite familiar (actually the sprite is my character with the warlock acting as his bound guardian).

My problem is that as we are reaching lvl 11 - my eldrtich blast will become a tripple shot and will make my pistol pretty much obsolete. Thought about asking my DM to let me retrain my ranger levels into sorcerer so I get access to haste and at least use the hasted attack action for shooting my gun, but then the barbarian and rogue in the party will probably be better targets for that haste from pure efficiency standpoint.

With the Chain Pact plus the 3 Warlock levels being the only choincess set in stone - can someone suggest an 11th-12th level build that makes using a pistol firearm into a sebsible option?

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
Could flavor Eldritch Blast as an upgrade for your gun, and switch Infusion to something else, perhaps enhanced focus, and ask the DM to let you use the gun as your focus for EB and any other pew pew spells?

Warpiglet-7

Cry havoc! And let slip the pigs of war!
Channel through your gun...totally.

Say you tinkered and also did a complimentary ritual.

most dms I have played with would roll with that without a big issue.

propose something to the DM that is not op.

Eltab

Lord of the Hidden Layer
Agreed with above - but keep the physical pistol (and stats) around in case you ever get caught in an anti-magic field.

Remove ads