Can someone convert the Uktena from the Vampire Bestiary to 5e?

Bootlebat

Explorer
It's my favorite monster in the book, mainly due to its dream sequence ability. Upper_Krust said it won't be appearing in his 5e book, so can someone convert it? He said it would be about CR 13 when you include legendary actions (which I think it should have, as it's a solo (boss) monster in 4e.)

dave2008

Legend
It's my favorite monster in the book, mainly due to its dream sequence ability. Upper_Krust said it won't be appearing in his 5e book, so can someone convert it? He said it would be about CR 13 when you include legendary actions (which I think it should have, as it's a solo (boss) monster in 4e.)
I'm willing to give it a shot, however, I don't think I have the Vampire Bestiary. I will have to dig around.

EDIT: I found it. If I get some free time this weekend I will stat it up 5e style!

Last edited:

dave2008

Legend
Ok, I found a few images on line. Let me know which one you would like me to use for the stat block

#1:
1653086133916.png

1653086167838.png

1653086196409.png

1653086222157.png

1653086322706.png

dave2008

Legend
I guess the top one, although the picture in the book shows it with only one horn like a unicorn (which glows and shoots beams that do radiant damage.)
OK, will do! If I get some time I may even photoshop a horn for you.

FYI, if you don quote my post or mention me (with the @ symbol) I am not notified that you responded to my post. I had no idea you had answered my question so I haven't started this yet. Otherwise I would have done it this weekend!

Bootlebat

Explorer
I love it. Just one question: the "horned serpent" ability says its Dream Sequence automatically activates if it gets bloodied. Does it need to have 2 legendary actions left for the turn? Or does it happen automatically?

Remove ads