• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Can someone value these items, please?

Telas

Explorer
I got a bit creative with some magic items over the last week or so. Before I start dishing these out, could I get some feedback on price?

Miniature Items – These are shrunken items of miniscule size (generally about 1” per side) that grow to full size instantly when the command word is spoken. Common uses are armor, shields, and weapons, although carts, small boats, and even stoves have been miniaturized. There are a number of variations on the theme. Some will shrink and grow repeatedly when the command word is spoken; others are only good for one use. Miniaturized items do not radiate magic when shrunken, unless the full sized item is normally magicked.
Cost: 500 GP or item's cost (whichever is higher), to miniaturize an item.

Torc of Life Preservation –
This finely wrought torc is constructed out of silver and gold, with green gemstones (peridot) at each end. When the wearer is struck by an attack that would normally bestow a negative level, he can make a Fortitude save to avoid taking the negative level. The DC is equal to 10 + ½ the monster’s hit dice + monster’s CHA modifier. (Example: A character hit by a 4 HD, 15 CHA Wight would need to make a DC14 Will save or take the negative level). If the character does receive the negative level, the torc bestows a +2 on the Fortitude save to avoid it. The torc must have been worn when the negative level was first bestowed to provide the +2 benefit.
Cost: 12000 GP

Shield Ring – This seems to be a rather large and gaudy steel ring, with a symbol of a kite shield upon it. As a free action, the wearer can cause it to grow and become a shield (already worn on the arm) or revert back to ring size. Versions exist that make bucklers or small or large steel shields, and rumors persist that at least one tower shield model was made. Reports from the wild indicate that Druids have made wooden versions of this ring.

Less expensive versions have been found that do the same, but require a movement action to grow or revert.
Cost: 500 GP plus shield cost

Magebane Armor – Many a warrior has wished for armor that will protect him from spells as well as it protects him from blades. Many a parable ends with “watch what you wish for; you just might get it.” This armor provides Spell Resistance in addition to armor class bonuses. The Spell Resistance is equal to 10 + the total armor class bonus the armor provides. This does not stack with natural SR, but it applies to all magical effects involving the wearer, even continuing for an hour after removing the armor. Therefore, any magical items or effects must make an SR check to affect the wearer, including wands, potions, rings, cloaks, even weapons. This check must happen every time the magical effect is used. If the wearer is a spellcaster, he must defeat the armor’s SR to merely cast a spell.

Example: Thog the Barbarian finds a +2 Magebane Chain Shirt, which is SR16. He challenges his nemesis, the Chartreuse Wizard. He draws his +2 Greataxe and takes a mighty swipe at CW, who has an amulet of protection against normal weapons. For the axe to receive its magical benefit, Thog must roll a modified 16 on 1d20+2 (the Greataxe’s bonus).... After a disastrous fight and hasty retreat, Thog tries to take a Potion of Cure Serious Wounds. He drinks the potion, but has to roll a modified 16 on 1d20+5 (minimum caster level for CSW) for it to cure his wounds.
Cost: +1 Equivalent

Bolt of Lightning – Rarely found in any number, these magical bolts smell faintly of ozone. When fired, they throw sparks along their path. When they strike a target, or anything at all, they turn into a 120’ lightning bolt (per the spell), doing 5d6 of damage. (Note: In my campaign, lightning bolts still bounce.)
Cost: 500 GP

Arrow or Bolt of Piercing – Tipped with a highly enchanted and tempered adamantine spike, this missile ignores all armor (magical, natural, or physical), and is treated as magical and adamantine for DR purposes. Basically, most attacks are a ranged touch attack. However, the damage it does is reduced by one die size (1d8 = 1d6), and there is no magical bonus to damage or to attack.
Cost: +2 Equivalent, no additional enchantments possible

Kinslayer (cursed) – This can be any weapon from a greatsword to a hand crossbow. It radiates moderate enchantment, and seems to operate as a +1 weapon. However, when a critical hit is rolled (and before it is confirmed), the weapon will attack the nearest ally, using that dice roll. If no ally is within range, the weapon will strike the wielder. Once its powers are known, it will spring into the wielder’s hands whenever combat occurs. Remove Curse or better is the only way to rid oneself of it.
Cost: +1 equivalent

Thanks,

Telas

palleomortis

First Post
Miniature Items – NICE, i've wondered if there was such a thing. I would charge about 500 gp PLUS the items origional cost. good stuff

Torc of Life Preservation – 12000 sounds about right

Shield Ring – Oce again, good stuff. I would charge probably 1000 gp plus the shields cost to the nearest gp.

Magebane Armor – Nice thinkin'. Sounds like fun. I would put it at 800 gp plus the origional armors cost.

Bolt of Lightning – 500 gp sounds good to me. just so long as they can't have a full quiver of these.

Arrow or Bolt of Piercing – I would go 500 gp as before. Just limit their capticity of them.

Kinslayer (cursed) – Love it. I would go probably 12000 plus the origional cost of the sword. Even with the curse, springing into your hands could be rather nice.

remember, I am a newer of the many here, so if these are off, no wories.:D
Nice stuff;)

Telas

Explorer
Thanks for the compliments. Any items in my campaign worth more than 2000 GP have a story or unusual abilities. I try not to have simple +1 items.

Something I did earlier was a bowl that filled three times a day with a nutritious, but tasteless porridge. The problem was that it filled up regardless of where it was stored, and that the exact time of its filling was uncertain. Needless to say, after a cleaned out backpack or two, it was given away.

Telas

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads