• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Can we Get a Poll on Book Indexes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turhan

First Post
How can we put up a poll to see who likes an index in a book and who can live without one?

Personally, I find an index to be very important. The only real option is to memorize the book. An index allows you to use the book far more easily during a game session.

Anyone out there- Feel free to run with this idea. I'll be back in a couple days to read the posts.
thank you.

Turanil

First Post
I agree that indexes are really useful, especially for books full of "crunch". This habit of late of WotC, of publishing books without indexes is really annoying...

Stone Angel

First Post
I absolutely hate when books don't have an index, I also like appendix's(not sure what the plural is on that one).

The Seraph of Earth and Stone

The Shaman

First Post
Stone Angel said:
I absolutely hate when books don't have an index, I also like appendix's(not sure what the plural is on that one).
I like indices and appendices in my gaming books, too.

cybertalus

First Post
I'm all for indexes. The more complete the better.

Indexes are important to me both for rules-intense books and for books that are more flavor-oriented. In either case there is almost always some piece of information that gets tucked away in a spot that seems to defy the organization of the book. Having an index saves much frustration when I'm trying to find that information again.

The 3.0 core books were so poorly indexed that I started keeping notes on where to find hard to find rules.

cybertalus

First Post
Ahh, but with a poll we could send WotC an e-gram saying "According to a non-scientific poll conducted on EN World, 98% of gamers want indexes in their books, and 2% aren't very good at clicking the correct box in polls."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads