Can you buy Kindle books from another Amazon?

cignus_pfaccari

First Post
So, one of my favorite series is the Shadows of the Apt, by Adrian Tchaikovsky. If you're not familiar with it, it's a steampunk fantasy set in a world where humans have insectoid qualities and traits...Beetle-kinden are tough and industrious, Wasp-kinden can fly and have energy stings, etc. It's far better than it has any right to be, honestly.

So, I'm looking on amazon.com today, and I see that Book 6, The Sea Watch, is out. But it's through various importing sellers, and not on Kindle.

But one of the reviewers specifically mentions reading it on his Kindle.

Turns out, it's perfectly available on amazon.co.uk, as is the 7th book.

Now...is there any way I, an American Amazon customer, could get a Kindle book from the UK Amazon?

Brad

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
From what I understand, where you can buy books from (on a Kindle) is tied to your credit card information, IF you had a credit card from the UK those books would be made available to you. Copyrights.

I don't know IF someone from the UK can "gift" you a UK book...you may want to check with Amazon on that one.

cignus_pfaccari

First Post
Something I saw mentioned that you could change the address on your Kindle, like, say, to the address of the hotel you were staying in (I presume, theoretically), and that would work.

That seems a touch iffy, though.

Brad

Remove ads