Can you cooperate to make potions?

Rel

Liquid Awesome
Bronn Spellforger said:

Icebear's rule is consistant with the rules in the PH for scribe scroll. According to the Scribe Scroll feat:

"The character can create a scroll of any spell that the character knows."

Since a Wizard doesn't know Cure Light Wounds, he can't prepare a scroll for it.. nor could he assist in helping prepare it in any way! (well, he could get the cleric a drink or a backrub or something).

I'm afraid that I must disagree with this sentiment. While the feat does read that way, all of the item creation feats include some variant on the phrase "whose prerequisites you meet" (emphasis mine). By that interpretation, you could never colaborate on the creation of magic items which is specifically allowed by the DMG.

Artoomis

First Post
Rel said:

I'm afraid that I must disagree with this sentiment. While the feat does read that way, all of the item creation feats include some variant on the phrase "whose prerequisites you meet" (emphasis mine). By that interpretation, you could never colaborate on the creation of magic items which is specifically allowed by the DMG.

What I suggest is that you take the rules as a whole and decide what you think was intended.

I think that scrolls and potions are intended to be created by what the creator knows (or has scrolls for - though using a scroll to create a scroll seems silly, at best).

There is language that seems to distinguish with scrolls and potions and other items that have prerequisites that need to be met.

Based on that, I think the intent was that scrolls and potions are different from other items in that you have to do those yourself.

Besides - that's the simplest way for this to work, and I usually go for the simpler answer.

Remove ads